“Perfect location, bad customer service.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel

BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Superior
Ontario
“Perfect location, bad customer service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I were coming through Superior and due to weather we stopped at Best Western Bridgeview Motor Inn and thankfully they had one room left. The young lady at the front desk that night was very nice and kind with us, however she knew nothing about the area and she was unsure of how to get anywhere.
After we checked in we went to our room we both walked in and loved what we saw lovely set up and clean. We both went to wash our hands and our bathroom sink clogged we let it sit see if it would go down. After about 10 minutes it didn't and we called front desk now around 12 midnight. About 5 minutes later a lady came to our door handed my boyfriend a clean plunger and said "Did you want to do it?" She didn't wait for an answer and she walked away. My boyfriend and I both work at hotels in Canada we were both taken back by how rude she was. We tried to get the sink to drain it never did so we gave up we have a picture it was disgusting.
We put in a wake up call but never heard from anyone. Come morning time I went to open the closet to use the iron and the door fell off and hit my shoulder.
Upon check out I let the gentlemen know all our issues and he apologized and gave us 10$ back from the 150$ we paid I was unimpressed and unsatisfied. Lack of knowledge in the area, lack of customer service and no one asked if there was anything they could have done better, NO UNDERSTANDING FROM STAFF.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank graduate2009Ontario
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I apologize for your recent experience at the Bridgeview. I can understand your frustration with how the staff handled your situation. I know our guests count on us for many things, especially excellent service and local knowledge. I'm sorry you encountered a team member who has not completed her training, and was working without a seasoned supervisor nearby. We will spend more time with her so she has a better understanding her responsibiliteis and of what there is to see and do and how to get there. I did check into the wake up call. From what I can tell the wake up call did go thru. The overnite front desk member should have handled your problem in a more professional manner. I will use your experience in discussions and training the front desk staff to increase their awareness and understanding of our guests' concerns. I have contacted you directly and hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust and respect the next time you are in the area. Once again I apologize for your inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Yoho National Park, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

stay at the bridgeview all the time we go to superior or duluth , reason being pool side rooms , breakfast for kids so they can come out and eat in pjs , can sit by pool and watch them or go in hot tub , good internet....if you have kids and a pet think about it , dogs in the room he can see you ,you see him , can have a drink pool side , go back to room to grab a snack , plus they have stay 9 times 10 is free so get regular room pool side and free night take the up grade. If you stay there a couple times staff remember you and are more than helpfull and nice ...and best of all it is a family place .

Room Tip: they offer caa rates, and more
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank walmart_gal2001
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad you are happy and comfortable here, and appreicate your recognition of jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you and your family (including the furry four legged members!) and thanking you in person the next time you are our guest.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about the BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn . Doug and his staff have always treated us with a welcoming spirit . As I am a senior and like a quiet area I always request one and have not been disappointed . Its great to see the kids enjoy the pool but it is always nice to find a quiet room to get away . The managers cocktail hour and the wonderful breakfast make it much like it should be . A home away from home . I will continue to stay at the BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn whenever I am in Superior .
Thanks Doug and staff . You are the greatest .

Room Tip: Just mention that you would like a quiet area and if available you will get a room away from the p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whitekrow
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Your loyalty and kind words are greatly appreciated by everyone here. Doug is a terrific leader and we all do our best to follow his examples in hospitality and professionalism. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home the next time you visit.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

It had been well over 20 years since we had stayed at the Bridgeview in Superior, we now returned with our 2 boys ages 14 and 10 for the family day long weekend. We booked a 2nd floor poolside room. Wonderful room. It had a living room area and separate bedroom area, separated by the bathroom and additional kitchen sink area. The balcony overlooked the pool.
I would definately book the 2nd floor again. Staff was very courteous, rooms were clean and the breakfast poolside was good.
The pool is large and it is warm, not too cold.
Location is perfect, just across the bridge from Duluth, and within minutes you can be shopping in downtown Duluth, or up at MillerHill Mall. Very close to the Amsoil Arena in Duluth and Canal Park and Red Lobster.
We will definately return again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor poolside rooms have a balcony overlooking the pool - and provide more privacy then 1st flo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your loyalty and nice review. I am glad you found enough familiarity here to be comfortable, and enough improvements to be happy you decided to come back to stay with us. I hope it won't be another 20 years before you let us serve you here again.
Thunder Bay, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Us four girls, grandma, daughter and two grandaughters have made an yearly trip and have stayed at the Bridgeview many, many times and always go back. It is a very good deal and you cannot find friendlier staff anywhere, they really make you feel welcome. With having the big breakfast it saves a lot on not having to go out to a restaurant and the selection is fantastic also enjoy the cocktail hour, good time for socializing. The pool is always nice and warm and the area is clean and a very good supply of towels.. The rooms are spacious and we have no complaints. The location is very good for us as enjoy shopping in Superior. We look forward to our next trip next year, my husband and I usually also go there about twice a year.

Room Tip: The rooms in pool area are quieter on second floor, we haven't had a bad room so cannot really c...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your loyalty and many visits. I really appreciate that you took the time to share you comments and experiences here, and am really glad you have a good time here. The Girls' Yearly Trip sounds like a great tradition and lots of fun. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. I hope you will contiue to let us be your host for many trips to come.
Hastings, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Nice clean spacious room, central location-although rough looking surroundings. Good value for the area. Nice pool area. Friendly staff. Small shop for necessities and small store items. Nice place to stay for families. The only drawback is the quality of the continental breakfast, not good. Easy check in. It was hard to regulate and find a constant room temperature but there was plenty of heat.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rtzbrick
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thanks for sharing your review and 5 star rating about your last visit here. Our neighborhood is not very good looking, but it is safe and there are nice, friendly bars and restaurants nearby, as long as you don't let thier exterior appearance put you off. I'm sorry you had temperature problems, and that the breakfast didn't impress you, and hope you will give us another chance to earn your business the next time you are in the area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Great bargain if you like moldy bathrooms, the stink of Febreeze, caked on old leftover soap in the shower, bathroom doors that don't close, and check out staff that treat you like yesterday's trash (manager). Don't stay here... Sleep on your car if you have to, it's more hygienic

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank oooshhhh
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize your stay did not meet your expectations. We recently did have a guest comment regarding an issue with the bathroom door. I had our maintenance staff check this particular room and all other bathroom doors to make sure they were working properly. Within the next month we will start replacing the tile we currently have in some of our bathrooms with a three piece tub surround. At the same time we will be replacing the fixtures in the bathroom. Once again we want to thank you for letting us know of your concerns. Through guest comments we can improve the operation of the motel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Holiday Inn Express Superior
#1 of 8 in Superior
Pier B Resort
Pier B Resort
#10 of 33 in Duluth

Been to BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!