“Friday visit to Grizzly's”

Grizzly's Grill N' Saloon
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Superior
Racine
“Friday visit to Grizzly's”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were in Superior, WI for grandson's wedding. After a long day's travel, my family was looking for local food. The parking lot was full, but we decided to try and get in. The restaurant is a friendly cozy place. A fireplace roasting chicken...looked good. Our party of 6 waited for 45 minutes to be seated. I had their smoked ribs, mediocre at best. As we ate, we compared our meals. Not one person was thrilled. We all thought it was pricy for quality received.
Nice try.
Next time in Superior we will try some place else.

• Visited November 2013

Wisconsin
“Great Visit With Old Friends”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Four of us got together to share old memories. Two guys hadn't seen each other in 40 years. Met at Grizzly's for lunch. Creamy chicken & wild rice soup with grilled chicken salad and crusty bread was delicious! Staff was always pleasant and helpful, despite putting up with us for two hours! Definitely would return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank CazCoach
Mountain Iron, Minnesota
“Fast service, delicious food!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

First time I had ate at Grizzly's and I will be back. The food was fantastic and our server was pleasant and quick.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DeniseF6
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
“Just what we were looking for”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was one of the hottest weekends in August and the air was out in the restaurant but our dinner, the staff and the atmosphere made the night special. While most of the customers were calling in for take out, we chose to stay in the restaurant to eat. We ordered salads which were excellent, light and fresh on such a hot night along with a couple of our favorite beers. They also serve a wonderful fresh warm bread before the meal.

• Visited August 2013
Superior, Wisconsin
“Has Improved Over the Years - Loved It!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've probably stopped in at Grizzly's (both Superior and Duluth Miller Hill) about 25-30 times over the years. Most of those visits were for happy hour or just for appetizers at the bar. A few business lunches mixed in as well. But last night, my wife and I and another couple needed a real sit-down meal in Superior, so we gave it a try. None of us ordered a real meal there in about two years.

All four of us raved about the food. I had a ribs and chicken combo. Another had just ribs, another had just chicken. My wife had buffalo wings. Fresh, warm bread was served to us with our drink order. Three of us had the chicken wild rice soup. It was very good.

The fire-roasted rotisserie chicken was excellent. Maybe the best I've had, recently or otherwise. I like to buy rotisserie chickens in the grocery store and they're pretty darn good, but Grizzly's outshined them by a mile. The ribs were very tender and cooked perfectly. The bourbon BBQ sauce was a good choice. My wife said her wings were excellent.

Service was fine, but not outstanding. We were warmly greeted when we entered the restaurant and seated immediately. Good dining choices are fairly limited in Superior. You can get good burgers and good pizza, but other food options are not too appealing. Our experience last night puts Grizzly's at or near the top of the list for this side of the border. We'll definitely be back, and we won't wait two years to do it.

• Visited May 2013