“Drug users paradise”
Review of Superior Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Superior Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Duluth, Minnesota
“Drug users paradise”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Horrible. Drug needles in parking lot, noisy, don't bring your children. Absolutely disgusting. Old and outdated. Crappy swimming pool. Dirty carpet and beds. Stinks. Would not ever go there again. Rip-off, you could not pay me to stay there. Very poor value and disgusting furniture and annoying plastic on the bed.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Gonfishin1965
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good evening -
I am the owner of the Superior Inn and I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. We are in the middle of a major renovation and are very excited about the new carpet, bedspreads and drapes that have been ordered.
Please know that we do not tolerate drug use on our property and work closely with our security company.

I would appreciate talking to you about your experience. My phone number is (800) 777-8599.
Thanks,
Kay Biga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Esko, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

They have a great Birthday room in the main pool area, ask for the upper room with the big balcony that is attached to the pool. That room has alot of room, comes with a refrigerator and i believe a microwave. the balcony has tables and chairs and personal stairs to the pool. You can see the pool and the kids swimming from the balcony as well. it has a nice small pool, hottub, and sauna. Including a bathroom and shower (great for lots of wet kids)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sweetmurry
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thanks for your business. We really appreciate it !
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've given the Superior Inn and "average" rating based on my expectations for an economy motel. I've chosen to stay here to save some travel expenses for my department's budget while on occasional business trips to Duluth. Thus, I am willing to put up with some less-than-ideal conditions (but only up to a point). My assigned room had a strong smoke smell, which I found intolerable. So I asked for another room before I decided to leave. To their credit, the front desk staff were very helpful and courteous and switched me to a different room, which was *much* better. The room and bathroom were clean, the bed was more comfortable than the one in the room during my previous stay a few months ago, there was plenty of hot water, and plenty of towels. Yes, there were stains on the carpet and patched holes in the walls, but I can live with that in an economy motel. I was there during mid-week and was surprised at how busy the place was. I guess it was teacher's convention week, so there must have been a number of families taking mini-vacations at the motel. I was concerned that there would be late night noise or early morning noise, but thankfully it was quiet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MNGuest
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I was happy to hear that your most recent experience was an improvement. Please come back and stay with us again. Kay Biga
Saint Charles
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked this online and even though other reviews gave me second thoughts, I went ahead with it.

In a few words, it was not for me due to the noisy road and other customers making lots of noise to 4:30 AM.

The property is quite old and it shows. Linens were clean but there is only so much the cleaning staff can do given the age of the furnishings.

I would look elsewhere in Superior before staying there again and there is no way my wife would ever spend 15 minutes there.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Dale K
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2014
Thank you for your review. We try to keep our prices very affordable while still have a pool facility and continental breakfast.

I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Best, Kay Biga

Travelers are raving about these Superior hotels

Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2013

For guys travelling alone it is ok... This motel is a week past its better days. The mattresses are worn out. The carpets are in need of a good cleaning (even vacuming would be an improvement). The bathroom was horrible. The bathtub was fitted with a bathtub liner at sometime ago and not fitted properly so it does not drain. It is stained so that it is not comfortable to use. They had a 44.00 special the night I was there so the price was right. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for Bayfront Blues Festival and it was easy getting over to Duluth quickly. The room was very clean, but the room decor is dated and worn. The rooms still use old locks and keys, but the staff are very friendly and accomodating. We checked in late with no difficulty, and they had hot coffee, fruit and muffins every morning. We have stayed here before and we will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on First Floor to West seem to be newly renovated