“not so good”
Review of Superior Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Superior Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Superior
Superior
“not so good”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Some of the front desk staff has a hard time respecting their customers requests.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Superior, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2012

i have stayed in this hotel many times over the years. i have always found it to be very welcome and very inviting. the staff always welcomes you with a kind smile and is always sure that you have anything you need. anything i needed or had questions about they were very attentive to. theres is a beautiful pool and hot tub to enjoy for children as well as yourself, along with a sauna. i appreciated the kindness and the quiet of the hotel during my stay. there are also convenience stores very close by and thoroughly enjoyed dining at the restraunt which is a few short steps away. my room was very clean and a very comfortable bed. i thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am happy to say i will be returning. thank you to all the staff here, i appreciate it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Superior, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had so many issues here it was rediculous. Do not have your childs birthday party here or even stay there for that matter, it is filthy and disgusting not to mention they show no consideration for a dissapointed customer! If I can make them lose business from even 1 customer I will have done my job!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
The customer is always right as far as I am concerned. We offered this guest an early check in time, offered to move them to another room and also discounted their rate. Unfortunately we could not offer a pool party for 10 people that lasted six hours for $ 30 as they requested.

Kay Biga

Travelers are raving about these Superior hotels

Minneapolis/St. Paul
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Based on the other reviews & pictures posted on tripadvisor I thought we had finally found a good place for a decent price in the Duluth/Superior area, however I was greatly disappointed! My son and I arrived at the inn at about 9:30 PM so it was hard to judge the outside appearance. The lobby is very small and not well lit. Once we arrived to the room I knew it was not going to be a good night for me. We were immediately hit with the stench of stale cigarette smoke and the room appearance was not what they show on their website. Dark wood panels from the 70’s covered one wall and the others were a cream color but that may be from the cigarette smoke. I then went to bathroom to get some relief from the long drive. When I turned the light on I thought I was on an aircraft carrier due to the fan being so loud.

I do have a habit of checking for bed bugs when I arrive at hotels, inns, etc. so that was the one positive thing I can say. However when checking for bed bugs, I found tons of dog hair, paper and sunflower shells between the mattress…disgusting! I checked the other bed and it was fine. The walls are very thin; I could hear conversations from the other rooms and that’s with the television on. The furniture in the room was stained and very old. The night stand, dresser and tables have wear marks on them and are well beyond their expiration date.

From the dust covered light fixtures, room appliances, old carpeting and dust along the base boards so thick it appears grey (on red carpet), you can tell this room needed some attention! Despite my better judgment we stayed the night. I was too exhausted from work and the drive.

What disappointed me the most is the lack of acknowledgement that this room was horrible by the person checking us out the next morning. I inquired if they were remodeling but the hesitant yes made me even more frustrated. If the inn is being remodeled then that should be disclosed when the reservation is made or at least take the horrible ones off the books until they are renovated. Definitely not returning!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tdeaster
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
First of all I would like to apologize if there were problems with the room you were assigned. Our staff works very hard to have the Superior Inn in good shape for our guests. If you see this message, please call me at (800) 777-8599 so that I can discuss this with you.

We appreciate your business and do not want you to go away disappointed !

Kay Biga
Owner
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is a standard motel. Our room was quiet, clean, with good lighting and comfortable beds.
However, cosmetically there were problems. There were what appeared to be burns in the carpet and kick multiple marks on the door.
The breakfast was fine-nothing special; pastries, juice and instant oatmeal.
All the staff I spoke were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: There are smoking and non-smoking rooms. Ask for the type you want. Rooms on the east side are qui...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluelightning
Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I stayed at the Superior Inn on numerous occasions. I have to say that the service was excellent and the value was excellent!!! Although the rooms are simple, they are clean and spacious.

Room Tip: 1.5 miles from Univ. of Wisconsin -Superior; 4 miles from Duluth, MN; you won't find a hotel for...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank worldtraveller200753
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Duluth/Superior.

Kay Biga, Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Best Western Bridgeview Hotel
Park Point Marina Inn
Park Point Marina Inn
#1 of 33 in Duluth
South Pier Inn on the Canal

Been to Superior Inn? Share your experiences!