“Absolutely Great Burgers!!”

Gronk's Grill and Bar
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Superior
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“Absolutely Great Burgers!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went to Gronk's because it was handy. Glad I did not look at reviews before I went. I found the burgers to be the VERY BEST I had during my 2 week vacation in Duluth-Superior area. My server was very attentive and I never had to wait for tea, water, beer, coffee to be refilled at our table. Actually I saw the girls helping each other out. Obviously a local's place. Servers knew most of the customers by name. I never experienced poor service or poor food posted by some of the previous reviewers. Much better food than several internet restaurants rated highly in the area.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pablo C

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Great burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Within easy walking distance of Super 8 hotel.
Dark bar with mostly locals and new dining area in rear. Huge menu of burgers.
Burgers were great.

• Visited May 2013
Superior, Wisconsin
“One of the best burgers in Twin Ports”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Kinda surprised to see very lukewarm ratings (so far) for Gronk's. I would put them in the Top Five for burgers in the Twin Ports. I eat there approximately every other month, if not a little more often than that. Their burgers are big and juicy.

The Gronk burger has fried onions, bacon, BBQ sauce, and then something different: a round slice of breaded and deep fried Provolone cheese. I love it. Get the burger basket with the fresh-cut fries with skins on 'em.

One complaint/concern - more than once I've had tap beer that tasted like they don't clean their tap lines, or at least not often enough. Bottled beer is a better choice here.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Barry D
“This place went downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't eat here again if it was free. The servers were busy on their phones and watching TV and it took 10 mins to be asked what we wanted to drink and get menus. The fried foods were soggy and cold. I think the other reviews must be from friends or owners because it isn't that good anymore.

• Visited August 2012
Wisconsin
“A favorite spot while traveling...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Gronk's has been a destination we plan on for several years now. On our way through Superior / Duluth to the North Shore a stop at Gronk's has satisfied our need for a great burger. Festive and comfortable we stop to rest, watch a part of a game on TV and maybe down a beer.

Their reputation to serving one of 30 different hamburgers remains in tack... They are cooked and prepared well and served hot.... With a smile from the friendly active waitresses and bartenders...

However the last time I was there the hand cut fries, usually hot and crisp were soggy and lukewarm....Never happened before but did so in April.... I am assuming it will be addressed as the waitress took my complaint in stride and offered to replace....

I will be back...... Gronk's is an institution.... Stop in and say hello....You will enjoy....

• Visited April 2013