“Tip rip off DO NOT TRUST THIS BUSINESS”
Review of Gus's Diner

Gus's Diner
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Sun Prairie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visited with my mother. She paid the tip with cash at the table. I paid at the counter with my debit card. Made the mistake of not making an "X" in the tip section of the signature slip. Signed the slip and went on my way. Checked my account later and saw that someone had written in a tip. So basically for a $13.28 total bill, my mom left $3.50 at the table and someone then helped themselves to an additional $4 tip written in on my signature slip! That's $7.50 tip on a $13.28 order! The food was not that great!
I called the restaurant and asked for the manager. The person answering the phone said "just a second" and I swear just came back on the line (the same guy). When I told him what happened, he claimed it was the fault of the machine! Really?!
Never going back!!!

There are newer reviews for Gus's Diner

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped in on a Monday morning to get a good breakfast to power through a tough day ahead, and I wasn't disappointed. I ordered their biscuits and gravy, with two eggs, and hashbrowns. I was not disappointed. The eggs were done to perfection, the gravy had just the right amount of spice, and the biscuits were quite good. It was a very satisfying way to start the day. I highly recommend them as a great breakfast spot when in the Sun Prairie area.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The atmosphere is fun and inviting, the decor is appropriate for the period, and the staff is very friendly and attentive. At first I thought the prices were a bit high, but then I looked at the enormous portions. (When we go back, we will be splitting entrees.) All but one of us (a ravenous soccer player) took half of our food home for another meal, so the value is very good. The restaurant isn't the easiest to find, sitting way out on the edge of town, but it's well worth seeking out. We will DEFINITELY be back!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've been here many many times, and the service is quick and the wait staff is very friendly. The diner is clean. You can't get a fresher salad anywhere. The food is excellent.

1  Thank SandyCooley
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Gus's is no fuss diner food that's fairly bland with nothing special or original to offer. Mostly it's problem is that it's uneven - sometimes the food is surprisingly good but sometimes it's really underwhelming, sometimes the service is great but sometimes it leaves a lot to be desired. The same applies to the ambiance - the original portion of the restaurant is cute and comfortable while the newer addition is cold and unfriendly.