“Great Out-of-the-Way Motel”

Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sun Prairie
Reviewed September 2, 2007

While I understand that Super 8 is a basic budget hotel chain, this one is very clean and nice, and well-located.

I travel often with a dog, and the location of this hotel really sold me. The property is adjacent to a municipal park, which in turn is surrounded by residential streets with homes and sidewalks. These features made this the perfect place to get a little walking exercise for my dog and myself - something that is not really available at many hotels.

The hotel itself looks fairly new. Everything worked in the room. It was clean, and the bed was decent although the pillows were a little flat. The cable TV offered lots of options. Breakfast was the routine coffee/juice/stale donut variety - no great shakes. A plus is the availability of a PC next to the lobby to view the internet - this seems to be becoming a staple of the Super 8 chain, and I wish that more chains would start to follow suit. Not all of us have laptops or can afford to carry the extra bag needed to hold the laptop.

While Sun Prairie is reasonably close to Madison, there are not many choices available for restaurants. The little place across the street smelled greasy when I opened the door, so I left. Another establishment down the street looked more like a tavern than a restaurant. I wish I would have just driven 6 miles down the road into Madison.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank chowowner

A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 19, 2006

I stayed at the Super 8 in Sun Prairie on a trip to attend a friends wedding. Upon arrival, I was pleased with the exterior and the friendliness of the staff. Unfortunately, when I arrived in my room, I was greeted with a musty damp smell. The carpet was wrinkled, and it looked as if the carpet had been pulled up and put back down again. I thought perhaps the room suffered water damage, and a subpar repair was done. However, when I turned on the AC, I found this was the source of the smell. I removed the plastic covering and found the filter to be absolutely filthy. Dust balls were hanging off of it, and dirt was clearly visible throughout the unit. I also found that the AC unit was set to cycle on and off. I didn't think much of this until I returned to my room after the rehearsal dinner. The room was hot, and the AC was not running even though I left it set to "On" and "Cool". Once I change the hidded switch from cycle to On, the unit ran continuously until the room was cool. My other disappointment was that there was no iron in the room. I borrowed an iron from the front desk, but it was literally straight out of the 70's. The bottom of the iron was stained, which in turn rubbed off onto my shirt. I ended up going out and buying a travel iron instead. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunatley, the condition of the facilities would prevent me from staying here againl

• Stayed: June 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sun Prairie
Quality Inn & Suites Sun Prairie
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison East
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Best Western East Towne Suites

Been to Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E? Share your experiences!