“Very nice motel”

Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sun Prairie
Reviewed May 18, 2012

As usual booked in advance for a nice discount. Drove up from Chicago O'Hare, so I was looking forward to a nice overnight stop,wasn't dissapointed. The motel is shutter-boarded and looks quite nice to see.The lady on reception was very helpful, check-in only took a few minutes, credit card, ID, job done. Very nice room upstairs, pleased to see key-card locks in use, very secure. Room was very nice, plenty of space, very clean and well-serviced, no complaints. Wi-fi was ok, got 10meg download on the speedtest site, and easy to logon to.I give the "free breakfast" a miss, went across the main road to the Praire Diner, great breakfast, very highly rated diner. There are plenty of stores and eating places within walking distance.All in all very pleased with it, would stay here again if I come this way again.Photos to follow.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
lalu123, General Manager at Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope that you'll stay with us again when your travels bring you back through Madison. We would also like to let you know that Super 8 has rolled out a new breakfast lineup that will be put into place shortly. Thanks again! -Yogi

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The room was quiet except when people from other rooms would decide to let their doors slam! Anywhere from 5 a.m. on. Breakfast was sub-par. Only fruit they had was bananas. The room was fairly clean. Saw garbage behind furniture. If I saw it why didn't the cleaning crew? Bathroom was clean. When I checked in I saw the no-smoking signs on the counter and on the wall. Having good experiences with other Super-8's I was fairly certain that I would not have to smell cigarette smoke. I don't mind if people smoke--but I thought it was a non-smoking hotel. There was not a hallway I walked down, that I didn't smell smoke. I woke up each day with a headache and sore throat. I wound NOT have stayed if they were not going to enforce their own policy!! The fridge made a high-pitched noise--so I just unplugged that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pat P
lalu123, General Manager at Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback. I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences and discomfort you experienced during your stay. I would also like to inform you that Super 8, last month, rolled out new breakfast options, which will start soon. We know that there will be some guests that will not respect other guests who are trying to get some rest. We will try to find ways to minimize the door slamming. We are very sorry that your room was not clean and up to high standard that we have at Super 8. We have discussed this issue with our head housekeeper and she will be addressing these matters with her staff and is committed to ensuring that these problems will not occur again. In Wisconsin all hotels and motels are smoke free so we try our best to enforce this law, but again some guests do not respect the law or other guests. As soon as we find out when someone is smoking we take appropriate actions which can be by removing the guest form hotel and fine the guest up to $150.00. Then we deep clean that room and area. I want to assure you that we do not tolerate anyone that smokes in the building.
Again we appreciate your feedback and please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Yogesh Patel

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Although this hotel was a reasonable rate given the Room Saver coupon, we won't stay here again. The bathroom was updated and the room wasn't terrible, but the carpet in the halls, entrance ways and rooms were horrible. They were threadbare in areas and buckled in others. The old carpets probably account for the stale, smoke smell. The breakfast was okay but subpar to other Super 8's that we have stayed in. No waffles or fruit. Also the bathroom needs more light and the water is very soft.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank talltree24
lalu123, General Manager at Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. I would like to inform you that we have recently changed the carpet in the whole hotel. Also, all of the rooms have been painted, the beds have been changed, and the bathrooms in all the rooms have been re-tiled. All of the remodeling was finished mid-January. Also, starting in May we will have a new breakfast menu which is required by Super 8 and we are currently serving fruit for breakfast. Again we appreciate your feedback and please know that your feedback is exteremly valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assist us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Yogesh Patel

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I have stayed at this motel on a regular basis for years. The room was quite, clean, and comfortable. Also the motel staff were very kind and courteous. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The room I had was dirty, Had no iron/board in room, and there was a piece bread stick behind the bedstand. If the other hotels in town had rooms i would have left.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy D
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Rooms are very clean staff n owners very friendly n helpful

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank mb601220
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Clean room, quiet and affordable. I'd definitely stay there again when in Sun Prairie.

Room Tip: You can request refrigerator.