“Good Choice”
Review of Buck and Honey's

Buck and Honey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Buck and Honey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Sun Prairie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bird and Liberty Blvd
Description: This restaurant opened recently.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good variety for family, although somewhat pricey. Was very busy for a Tues night and was offering a 5 course meal deal when we visited. Live music was a nice touch.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I really wanted to love Buck and Honey's, but I came away with mixed feelings. The restaurant was very well decorated and it was obvious a lot of care went into the design. The dining area we were seated in was packed. Not just with people, but with tables. There was hardly any room to walk and one of the tables blocked the fire exit. That's a big no-no.
Drinks were good and strong. My wife had wine and I had an bourbon old fashioned. The cheese curds we ordered for our app were fantastic. I had the Buck's mixed grill and my wife had a steak. Two of my items seemed to have been left on the grill a bit too long. The shrimp were a bit rubbery, the chicken was somewhat dry. The ribs were about right, but the bbq sauce had no depth and tasted of catsup.My wife had a forgettable steak that was accompanied by some really good asparagus along with her mac and cheese. Dessert was a small order of the bread pudding which was outstanding. Prices seemed to be a bit on the high side in my opinion. Service was good. We'd probably go back at some time, but not any time soon.

3  Thank CombustionJustin
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We moved to Sun Prairie a year ago and people said you have to go eat at Buck and Honey's. So one day we did. We were really disappointed. As a family of 4 the place was crowded and seating shoved in to accomadate as many people as possible. It wasn't a place to go for a realaxing quiet family dinner it's more 'busy' and loud. The food was pretty good but priced a little high when you consider the amount of food and service factors. Speaking of which the server was so swamped that we had to beg for refills on our drinks. I'm let down because I can't see why everyone likes it so much. Maybe we'll give it some time and try it again.

3  Thank carey w
Chris F, Owner at Buck and Honey's, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hi - thanks for your recent visit! Our establishment is very vibrant, with live music Wed, Thur, and Sat nights, and we tend to be wall-to-wall on Fri nights as well. We pride ourselves on making every effort to be family-friendly - including a nice selection of $5 meals on the kid's menu, but I do understand and appreciate your noise level comments. A Sun-Tue visit could be better suited for a quiet dinner out with us. Our goal is nothing short of the finest service and accomodation in the marketplace, I am very sorry we didn't meet this objective on your visit! I'd really appreciate a chance to make this right, and can be reached at Info@BuckandHoneys.com if you'll grant me that opportunity.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Very overpriced fish and steak dinners!! French onion soup had no flavor, house salad was ok and ranch dressing was good; filet was way way under cooked.... Cheesy hash browns were got, but lacked any flavor whatsoever; mixed drinks had no alcohol at all... Stick with beer so they can't rob you blind... My wife's fish (fried cod) had no flavor and was a disappointment!!
This place nickel and dimes you for everything!! You don't even get a small loaf or 1 piece of bread for dinner!!!
Average food for a high price!!! Stay away and get better value at Texas Roadhouse or Great Dane!!

3  Thank MKP1378

Hi - Thank you for your recent visit! Your wife's fish should have come with bread, it appears we made a mistake there. If your steak was not to your requested temperature, sounds like another mistake. The largest one it sounds as though we made, however, is that our Server seems to have failed to notice your dissatisfaction - and get a Manager or Owner immediately involved to correct our oversights during your visit. With the volume we do at B&H, I'm sure you'll understand we're human, and occasionally we will fail to reach our goal of exceeding expectations. I am sorry this happened on your visit. We are an independent, locally owned establishment with a scratch, quality ingredient kitchen - by nature this means our costs are higher than a national chain, but we have a wide selection of choices at $8-$10 for lunch, and $13-$15 for dinner. If you ever do decide to give us a second chance, please reach me at Info@BuckandHoneys.com prior to your visit so I can make things right for you regarding your recent experience.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We arrived at 12:15 for lunch - there was seating available, they were somewhat busy but it didn't take long for service or the food to arrive. They offer a 'brunch' but this is just the option to order breakfast or lunch items off a menu - not buffet style. My husband had a salmon sandwich with grilled asparagus, I had a pulled pork with sweet potatoe fries. For $2 extra - he had a bowl of baked french onion soup and for $2 extra - I had a house salad. Both of these extras were worth it - they were good size and tasted great. The salad was fresh lettuce with little tomotoes, croutons - the french dressing was vinegarette based. The soup wasn't salty - and had a nice cheese melt going on. The asparagus was 4 good sized spears grilled with sea salt - tasty. The pulled pork wasn't too saucy and both were served on a grilled ciabata bun. We had water to drink - the total came to $24. Service was friendly, food was fresh, hot, and served quickly, the wood floors, brick walls, black accents, and older photos create a relaxing, trendy environment - we sat in the bar area where they have plenty of seating and sports on multiple tv screens.

1  Thank nekko95