“Excellent Food - Overpriced Produce”
Review of Apple Holler

Apple Holler
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Sturtevant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Apple Holler is located between Racine and Kenosha, off I-94 at exit 337 on the west frontage road, just north of the highway KR exit. Apple Holler is a family farm, restaurant, bakery, country store, gift shop and apple orchard, and features many entertainment activities, including Dinner Theatre shows, children's programs, barnyard animals, catering, outdoor play areas , hay wagon rides, horse-drawn sleigh rides and fall apple and pumpkin festivals.
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Apple Holler is one of our favorite places for a weekend breakfast buffet. Load your plate up on Trip #1 with ham, applewood smoked bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, egg casserole and biscuits & gravy. Make sure to grab a small plate of warm apple fritters and apple butter on your way back to the table. Once you have devoured all that head back for a second trip to get their Apple Walnut french toast, pancakes, and best of all ... warm cranberry-apple topping. At $10.99 for adults and $6.99 for kids, it is a little pricey - but well worth it!

Dinner is also good - with down home cooking and the menu changes often.

But do not go to Apple Holler for the produce. The apples are overpriced, and the kids play area is a disappointment. For the best variety and pricing on apples in the area, go to Brightonwoods Orchard in Burlington, WI. (Just about 15 minutes from Apple Holler) or Oriole Springs Orchard in Twin Lakes, WI (about 30 minutes away).

2  Thank flkrsn
There are newer reviews for Apple Holler

Reviewed October 20, 2008

Extremely Expensive!! Workers at the farm sections are really rude. I can hear them Huffing and puffing because they have to repeat them. You ask a question and you see thier eyes roll back like its an effort to repeat them self. Granted some people are there for the first time and don't know how or what the protocol are to pick apples or pumpkins. So really workers should not cock an attitude toward patron or talk about people behind people's back between co-workers. NEVER AGAIN!! Will I have myself nor my family or friends go back there again.

4  Thank garfield90
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 17, 2008

In response to the previous review, I was at Apple Holler yesterday and I didn't pay to park. I've never paid to park. They don't have mini golf. There are no slides and swings. So whoever left that bad review MUST be thinking of someplace else. Appler Holler is awesome. The people are friendly, the food is delicious, and comes in large servings, they sell great apple cider, pickles, dip mixes, etc. You can pick your own apples, pet the goats, listen to the musician, go on a hayride, attend the dinner theater, all kinds of stuff. It's a great place, and I go there anytime I can.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 16, 2007

This place has gone from wonderful to terrible in a very short time. They now charge you to park, they charge you $2 for a 30 second "train" ride. The pony rides consist of one pony going in a tiny circle for 30 seconds. It was terrible. We had to wait hours to play mini golf because there wasn't enough supplies. The slides were broken and rough and splintered. There are signs all over that say "at your own risk" so the owners are obviously aware that the place is a dump. They have one swing that is over dirt instead of a tons of corn like last year. Everything is dirty. The bathrooms are disgusting and didn't have paper in them either time we went in them. The wood train is splintered and the paint is peeling off. I felt like I was at a dingy place where I used to feel comfortable. The place where the live animals were smelled so bad because there was so much poop in the cage the animals basically had to walk in it. Nobody even went in there to check the animals or clean up the entire time we were there. I would recommend a different place because there are so many others and this one is not worth it.

1  Thank ttsha
Reviewed August 12, 2007

The Apple Holler is one of the best places to go for a home cooked meal! My husband and I have been going yearly since 2004 and use to drive up from Chicago. We recently relocated in Indianapolis and still make the drive up once a year. We love going in the fall. The buffet that runs from Aug. thru Oct. is the best ever!! We love the feel of the country orchard and the pies are outstanding. There are a lot of activities to do for families and children. There are many different varieties of apples to pick, a great pumpkin patch, and so many tasty treats to take home with you. There are a couple very cute gift shops to browse. The Apple Holler has become a family tradition for us and one we plan to continue.