“Nice homey atmosphere”

Apple Holler
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Sturtevant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Apple Holler is located between Racine and Kenosha, off I-94 at exit 337 on the west frontage road, just north of the highway KR exit. Apple Holler is a family farm, restaurant, bakery, country store, gift shop and apple orchard, and features many entertainment activities, including Dinner Theatre shows, children's programs, barnyard animals, catering, outdoor play areas , hay wagon rides, horse-drawn sleigh rides and fall apple and pumpkin festivals.
Aiken, South Carolina
“Nice homey atmosphere”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We saw this place from the interstate and decided to stop. I'm glad we did. Upon entering, the aroma of cinnamon and freshly baked goods filled the air. We tried several of their samples that were placed around the store; all were great. We especially liked the five cheese garlic dip! Their apple fritters with nuts were oh-so-yummy! Sadly we didn't have time to stay for lunch. We'll definitely stop in again on our way to/ from Oshkosh. Employees throughout the store were friendly and helpful.

• Visited August 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
“Good food and good entertainment”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Treated my parents to the Apple Holler dinner theater - the performance was "Wally's Café". Came for an afternoon performance. We arrived at roughly 10:30 for the 11:00 start time, and it was 2:45 when the performance finished. Longer than I expected, but enjoyable. (My recommendations would be to start the play about 15 minutes sooner, and at the dessert intermission, start the play as soon as everyone has been served.) The three of us were seated at a six-person table with three other guests - which was a very nice thing, as they were pleasant company during dinner. We were all very pleased with the dinner - and the servers where really hustling (great job, servers!). The meal was generous and piping hot - which was amazing, in a room with about 75-90 people to be served. I took half the meal home. The performers in the play all did very well - it was a comical production with a minimal set. This is a quaint, charming place - definitely worth a visit. Highly recommended.

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Home cooking just like Grandma's!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The selection of home made items is large and each and every one of the entrees are delicious! The portion sizes are good and the food was served hot and fresh! Our waitstaff took very good care of us and was attentive to our needs throughout the meal. They did not overburden us with stopping by every few seconds, but seemed to know when we needed drink refills or an additional condiment. A very relaxed atmosphere and pleasant dining experience. One thing that could be improved upon is the cornbread basket that is served prior to the meal. The cornbread pieces are rather small and there are only one for each person. We have been to Apple Holler several times in the past year and are never disappointed. The breakfast buffet is to die for, but you must get there early to avoid a long wait!

IL
“LOVE IT!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is more than just a restaurant. It has a store, a farm, an apple orchard....a wonderful time for all ages. I Absolutely love the country atmosphere of this restaurant. We were impressed with the friendly hard working employees. Their buffet was consistently hot and filled with a wonderful assortment of food to choose from. We took friends there for the first time. They were happy and will return. Thank you again for another wonderful dining experience!

Alabama
“Sadly I left disappointed!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first time at Apple Holler and I had high hopes. I was with my young daughters and an old friend. We were seated quickly, but it took our waitress nearly 10 minutes before she took our order. Once our food arrived, everything tasted fine and until I noticed a hair in my 7 year olds pasta, yuck. So we contacted our waitress and I asked her to bring a replacement, which she did another 10 minutes later and at that time my daughter took a few bites and was done. My friend also had issues with her food as well and our waitress was no where to be found. I think it was the worst service I've ever had at a restaurant. Once the bill FINALLY came to us, our waitress again was no where to be found. We had to ask another waitress to get our waitress. Bottom line the food was just ok, the service we received was horrible and I still had to pay for the pasta with the hair in it. You would think they would've taken that off or at least given a discount or something but they didn't. Needless to say, she barely received a tip and I'm typically an overtipper but I couldn't justify it this time. Go someplace else or demand better service than I received.