“We love this place”

Dining options: Late Night
Franksville, Wisconsin
“We love this place”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great soup and salad bar, and if we're really hungry we'll get the whole buffet they serve daily. We have always been uplifted by the Christian attitude here. They even have a truckers chapel here and onsite chaplains, I suggest you visit it. Staff is always helpful and friendly.

Visited July 2012

Chicago
“Truck Stop Fare”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great choices, okay to stop at 2-5 AM. Friendly service

Visited January 2012
Zion, Illinois
“A bit pricey for average selection”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Meeting a client half-way between Wind Lake, WI, and my home town. Always wanting to try new places, the Iron Skillet was half-way. Plenty of parking. Interior was clean. We were greeted right away. She had just sat a table with three or four small children and was going to put us right next them. With plenty of other seating available, I shook my head "no". Not only would the children disrupte our meeting and meal, I'm sure it would have made the parents alittle on edge trying to keep the kids quiet. An experienced hostess would have known that. The waitress was right over and brought us coffee right away. EVERYTHING on the menu from breakfast on up was pricey. $2.00 to $3.00 more than the average price. There were photos of the food on the menu and to be quite honest, nothing looked much appetizing. A cup of coffee was $2.09. After much thought, and because we were meeting someone there, we went ahead and ordered. We both went with the chili burger and fries. Wasn't quite as big as shown in the photo. $8.69 for the sandwich and small side of french fries. No soup or salad included. Nothing big on taste either. $24.86 plus tip for 3 cups of coffee and two chili burgers. No deal here.
There was also a bakery located within the building. O & H Danish Bakery. They carried a very large selection of pastries, including Kringles and many Easter themed items. Of course I picked up a few things for Easter for the grandkids.
I would not go back to the Iron Skillet, however, if in the area, I would visit the bakery again.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank WillTravel2TryFood
De Pere, Wisconsin
“not good”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The staff was not polite. We ordered the breakfast buffet, one of my kids did not eat anything, and we told our server that, and she refused to take the charge off our bill. I told the cashier, she was just rude, and said we ordered it, we pay for it, even though he did not eat. What a rip off. We used to love stopping here when we were in southern Wisconsin, but now, we will never do that again

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Johnandkaryn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homemade food, nice, clean slice of Americana.”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Food was awesome! Had the fish fry on Friday. You get the option of grilled or fried. Reminded me of an old-fashioned fish fry in Door County, WI. Surprised to see I could have a beer with meal. Was so happy with everything, I came back Sat. for real smoked ribs on Sat. It was better than I expected!

1 Thank Mobilmike