“Very Friendly, Location close to Freeway!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We recently stayed here for an event at the RecPlex in Pleasant Prairie. While it was a 20 minute drive to the RecPlex, the location was very easy to access from the freeway. The hotel is clean and well kept. The hotel staff was very friendly in every request we had (20 rooms). We let them know we had an early event and they agreed to prepare breakfast earlier than normal on the weekend. It was so kind of them to do so. I would recommend this location if you have any business to do in the area. The internet was fast, although the passcode was refreshed during our stay. It wasn't an issue to get a new code from the front desk. Very glad our group chose to stay here.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and had minimal noise from the hallway/elevator. No noise from room above.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank VisionTvl
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

VisionTyl,

Thank you for the wonderful comment you gave our property we really appreciate it. We are so glad that the group had a fantastic time while they were here and we hope they had a great time at their competition. We enjoy being able to provide a great customer service experience and a home away from home for all our guests. Thank you again for the opportunity to host your group and we hope to see you again.

Holiday Inn Express Racine

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I stay in Holiday Inn's, especially a quick visit to the expresses for a day here and there. By far do I see comforting and such nice customer service at this express. Thumbs up for the ladies at the reception desk and Alex who helped me everytime I called. Helped me with my wifi on my iPad and he even went and got me milk for my 2year old baby girl. It is an older style, but what do you expect from an older building. I have a nice stay every time I come in the Kenosha / Milwaukee area. If you ever need good service they're great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice pool & hot tub!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Jojo493,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent visit; we value all our guests feedback. I am especially glad that you received great customer service from our staff and that our night auditor Alex was able to help you throughout your stay. We constantly train and provide all the necessary tools for our staff to help them provide great customer service to all our guest. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I spend over 225 nights/year on the road and the vast majority are at Holiday Inns. Bad internet is an all to common problem for this day and age...especially at Holiday Inns and I can assure you, it's not my expensive computer and two phones, it's just really bad internet! I also wasn't stuck on the top floor way out in the corner, so that is not why it was bad. It is just unacceptable to me and make my stay extremely aggravating. I realize this will not be as important to some others though.

Aside from the nearly useless internet speed, the hotel is not 'bad'. In my honest opinion, it is a little below the average quality of Holiday Inn's. It was fine for me though, it seemed clean enough and ok...but below average. I feel bad rating it too low because the one good thing was the staff! They were really nice and seemed like they would certainly help with what they could...so that is good at least. HORRIBLE INTERNET though and that I'm getting very tired of! I will not stay here again because of the internet alone as it is important to me. The speeds were erratic but around 0.5Gb/s or less if at all. You can not even watch low quality (320p/480p) videos on youtube...you'll hang yourself first.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Aero_ub,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Racine I want to apologize for the situation that occurred with the internet during your stay. I know when I stay with hotels the internet is one of the most important amenities I need for business and personal usage. I assure you that we are working diligently on improving the speed of our internet to keep up with our guests needs. I want to thank you for staying with us and I hope this situation does not deter you away from future stays with the Holiday Inn Express brand. Thank you again for your loyalty to IHG and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Discovered it by chance when checked-in here after Marriott and fairfield were sold out and found a gem. The service at Holiday-inn express is excellent specially GCE Sandy. Sandy has a solution for every issue you may have with the room as she attends to it right away. Rooms are big, well-kept and have everything you need for business stay. Breakfast is decent and even has variations in egg preparation every day. Overall a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are good VFM.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Manjo B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment about your stay. We love to hear our guest’s feedback from their stay because it allows us to keep on improving our hotel and its service. I am so glad you were able to meet Sandy and she was able to help you during your stay. She is a great agent and we love everything she brings to our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope you will think of us again.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Wow, this Holiday Inn Express was the perfect hotel suiting myself and family's needs! It was clean, modern, and very well-maintained. Staff was so friendly, and Sandy was great upon checking in! My daughter and I used the pool and spa which was a very great amenity. Kudos to the Holiday Inn Express Racine, WI area!! :-D

• Stayed: December 2013
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

CoasterMatt77,

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel; I am so glad that you and your family had a great stay. Thank you for the your comments about Sandy, she is very important member of our team and upholds the core values of IHG.
We hope to see you and your family again soon and we appreciate your loyalty to the Holiday Inn Express band.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a well managed property with good staff. Sandy is very professional and detailed oriented. I repeat this place every week for my business trip for last 2 months and i like the location being very convinient.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Salmanamin,

Thank you for staying at our hotel when you are in town for business, we appreciate your loyalty. I am very glad that Sandy displayed great customer service with you; Sandy in a very important part of our team and customer service is what we pride ourselves on. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for your loyalty.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were very impressed with the friendly customer service at this hotel. Sandy at the front desk was so sweet. When we asked for extra towels & told her that a light bulb was burnt out, she was up to our room immediately to fix the situation. Service like that means a lot!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Marianne M,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel while you and your family were visiting the Racine area. I am very glad that you enjoyed Sandy and the customer service she provides. She is a very important part of our team and we are so glad we have her. Please keep us in mind next time you are in the area; we look forward to seeing you again.

Holiday Inn Express Racine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturtevant
Comfort Inn Racine
#3 of 8 in Racine
Delta Hotels by Marriott Racine
Quality Inn hotel in Sturtevant
DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI

Address: 13339 Hospitality Court, Sturtevant, WI 53177
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Sturtevant
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
Price Range: $94 - $144 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI 2.5*
Stay less than 10 minutes from downtown Racine when you choose the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI as your relaxation destination. Our Sturtevant location off I-94 is the ideal launching pad for attending business meetings at nearby Case New Holland (CNH) and Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) or for making memories at the lakefront Racine Zoo. Six Flags Great America and Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers, lie just 30 minutes away, and General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is less than 20 minutes away. To help you wind down after your flight or visiting local attractions, we offer an indoor heated pool, a hot tub and a fitness center with equipment that enables you to experience a full-body workout. You can also enjoy a free hot breakfast every morning and a room with HBO every night. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Racine (i-94 @ Exit 333) Hotel Sturtevant