“Fair hotel, clean rooms, staff so so. ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel as I was transporting a car to Racine for a customer. I booked it off the iPhone app and it looked nice. The room was OK, nothing to write home about. The front desk attendant wasn't at the desk for a solid 15 minutes when I arrived. I called the local number and he answered. Came right down from helping a guest. Booked me in and set me right up. Might not be a HIE hotel for long, but it will do if you are a IHG member and it is still flying the HIE flag.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Mr. Paul,

I want to thank you for staying with us and the comments you provided during your time at our hotel. We are always looking to improve the service we provide and the only way to accomplish that goal is letting our guest provide feedback about their stay. I hope you consider staying with us again in the future so we can improve up your most recent stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Holiday Inn Express Racine

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Spent one night here after an event in Racine. This hotel is easy to get to right off I94. There's plenty of food options, shopping a short drive away. Check was easy, staff was friendly. I joined their rewards program before staying and we got complimentary water bottles at check in, I thought it was a nice touch.
The lobby looked slightly dated but it didn't affect our stay at all. Our room was very nice. Clean, modern looking and comfortable. This hotel does not use comforters in favor of a covered duvet, which I love! My favorite thing was each bed had 4 pillows and the pillow cases were embroidered to indicated which 2 were soft and which 2 were firm. EVERY hotel should do that! We had a nice flat panel tv with cable & free wifi. The room also had a larger sized mini fridge, small microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was clean & up to date with marble countertops and rain shower head. They stock Bath & Body Works toiletries.
The breakfast was what I expected: choice of 4 cereals, instant oatmeal, yogurt and danish. The bagels & toast had been picked over and not replenished like the other items. There were egg disks, biscuits & gravy. I did not try those. They did have a few bananas which were fresh. The juice was from concentrate but the coffee was pretty good and they had tea bags and hit cocoa packets.
I took a glance at the pool. It looked very nice, well maintained and they had towels for guest use.
Overall, I'd certainly stay here again and thought it was a good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff here at the hotel we want to thank you for your great comments and for staying with us. We are very happy that your stay was an enjoyable one and we do look forward to your next stay with yes. We hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn Express Racine
262-884-0200

Reviewed September 12, 2013

First, it is clean and the staff are courteous and professional. Now for the not-so-good...

- The bed wasn't comfortable and left me with a backache each morning
- The water pressure was low
- The cleaning person left dirty towels hanging on the shower curtain rail one day, and another day inexplicably took my contact lens case (yes - they were tipped well each day)
- The printer in the business area was so low on ink it printed illegible airline tickets
- The computer in that business area wasn't properly secured. Virtually everywhere I've stayed, these public computers are set up to not track browser history and/or to not allow the user to access anything but their own info. Not here. It left a history of my email and airline logins, which I went in and deleted. I could also see prior history of other, perhaps slightly less aware, people.

Finally, a national pizza chain has printed ads on the room keys, offering "room service". I had a busy evening and tried to order from them. They don't even deliver to the hotel!

I travel here regularly for business. This was my first stay here and also my last.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cttravlrs
Holiday Inn Exp... R, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I first want to thank you for the comments you have provided about your stay; we consider feedback from our guest a great way to improve upon the service that we offer here at the Holiday Inn Express Racine. I want to apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay with us and assure you that I am personally looking into each one of them and correct them. I do sincerely hope to have you stay with us again in the future; we do value your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand.

262-884-0200

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Got in kind of late after a day of driving, greeted with a smile and check in process was smooth, this along with the great staff was very welcomed. The room had everything you could need and was clean. Looking at the parking lot the hotel was kind of full but I do not think I heard anyone at all until I left my room the next morning. The breakfast was better than the normal hotel breakfast which is always nice. Again the staff taking care of the breakfast area was very conscious of what it appeared to be everyone in the room and was very helpful and did a nice job keeping up with things. All in all it was a great stay and I will be back given the chance and business travels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas B
Kevin M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your review of our hotel property in regards top your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the amenities in the guestroom and that your stay was very peaceful and quiet. We also enjoy our convenient proximity to the I-94 Expressway. Please come back and stay with us at anytime.

Take care and we hope to see you soon.

Kevin M.
Asst. General Manager / Director of Sales

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a very nice stay at this HIE. Excellent location, quiet and clean. The staff was professional and everything went well. The hotel is near a variety of restaurants, fast food and gas stations.
And it is far enough off the highway to have a peaceful nights sleep. I wish all my visits would be like this.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank B W

Dear B W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad you had a positive experience when engaging with our staff and you felt comfortable while you were here.

We hope that you choose to stay with us in the future, when you are in the Racine/Sturtevant area again.

Thank you, and take care.

Kevin M.
Asst. General Manager / Director of Sales

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Kevin Merrrit is a very helpful and professional Manager. The sat dose a great job with providing service and provided a great experience. The check in process was simply and fast with very friendly staff. This is a great place to stay.

Tim from Racine WI.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank tim t
Kevin M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Tim T.,

Thank you for your review of our property and thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs in the Racine area. I appreciate the kind words, but to be honest, nothing would be possible without my amazing team, who work extremely hard, day-in-day-out. We are very proud of our property, as well as what we have accomplished together. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Until then, take care and again...Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express - Sturtevant, WI.

Kevin Merritt
AGM / Director of Sales
Holiday Inn Express - Sturtevant, WI

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Was in my hometown for a weekend visit and all the times that I have been home in the past 3 years to visit, this was our first time staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Sturtevant...and it won't be the last time.

My wife and I pretty much had the hotel to ourselves course, it was an uneventful weekend in Racine. However, if the hotel were full with guests, I doubt very much that I would have had any issues. The room was very nice and quiet - never did hear any of the other guests that were staying on the 3rd floor just down the hall from us. Everything in the room was superb - every detail with all the amenities necessary and available.

Morning breakfast was a treat and much nicer than expected - not your usual continental style and packaged goods meal. Great choices of foods both hot and cold. And then, there was the pool and hot tub. And no mom - I didn't wait an hour before going into the water! The hot tub was just the right temperature and for a cold Spring day, the pool was not anything like the weather that Ma Nature had in store for my 2-day visit - it was rather comfortable and not in the least bit cold.

Did use the business center prior to checking out to print-out my flight's boarding passes and left the hotel missing Racine BUT...I promised the front desk gal that I would someday be back...and I will!

Room Tip: I'm sure the front desk personnel will try their best to accommodate your room requests. I aske...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave B

Dear Dave B.,

Thank you for your review of our hotel property. We are glad that your first trip back to Racine in a few years was a success, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area. Again, your opinion and review of our property is greatly appreciated, as it will assure other travelers that they should expect a unique style of hospitality and care, from all departments and all members of our team.

Thanks again, and Take Care,

Kevin Merritt
AGM / Director of Sales
Holiday Inn Express - Sturtevant, WI

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturtevant
Comfort Inn Racine
#4 of 8 in Racine
Delta Hotels by Marriott Racine
DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk
Quality Inn hotel in Sturtevant

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI

Address: 13339 Hospitality Court, Sturtevant, WI 53177
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Sturtevant
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
Price Range: $96 - $143 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI 2.5*
Stay less than 10 minutes from downtown Racine when you choose the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI as your relaxation destination. Our Sturtevant location off I-94 is the ideal launching pad for attending business meetings at nearby Case New Holland (CNH) and Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) or for making memories at the lakefront Racine Zoo. Six Flags Great America and Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers, lie just 30 minutes away, and General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) is less than 20 minutes away. To help you wind down after your flight or visiting local attractions, we offer an indoor heated pool, a hot tub and a fitness center with equipment that enables you to experience a full-body workout. You can also enjoy a free hot breakfast every morning and a room with HBO every night. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Carlson, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Racine (i-94 @ Exit 333) Hotel Sturtevant