“Nothing to brag about” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)

Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
Toronto, Canada
“Nothing to brag about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Very utilitarian hotel, pretty clean. Great rate, internet access is free and fast, breakfast selection is limited, but if you like healthy option the menu is pretty good. I was surprised to see how full the hotel was was during the week. I would suggest you try to avoid all the rooms on the higway side. The hotel is very close to the highway and that makes for easy access from Chicago or Milwaukee, however the noise can be bothersome at night. The other option is to use ear plugs, that works as well.
For me the most remarkable thing about this hotel is the fact that it looks like a "standard hotel", there is nothing remarkable about it. The room and the hallways are just like the Marriot down the road or hundreds of other hotels. Big differnce in price from the Marriot...

I assume you would stay at this property for busines, and for that I would recommend it.

Room Tip: avoid all rooms facing the highway
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333), responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Traveler2009,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I checked in last week for a few days. My stay was great, other than the check in process. Upon arriving at 1a.m the front door was locked, I picked up the phone to asked to be let in, being exhausted from a 6 hour drive. Noone picked up!! I then called the hotel, let the phone ring for at least 5 min! I did not get an answer, had I not been so tired, I would have left. I picked the phone up again, and finally was let in, after almost a 20 minute wait. During my check in, the lady seemed very tired as though she had been sleeping, and did not even have the courtesy to get out of her chair to check us in. I will NEVER stay at a holiday inn property again!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anotherroadtravel
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333), responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Anotherroadtravel,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

The hotel is on the lower end of the Holiday Inn Express chain, but still beats many others. I spent 4 nights at this hotel and found the staff VERY friendly. I had a king-size bed.
Points for improvement:
- Breakfast was good, although the bagels were dehydrated every day.
- My bed had an old mattress. It even sagged in the middle. Strange for an Express.
Kudos:
- Very easy access from I-94
- Staff were very friendly, helpful, and nice
- Other than the bed, the room was excellent: lots of room, and I even had a small fridge.

This is the best hotel in the area, which has a rather limited selection.

Room Tip: This is a Holiday Inn Express, and as usual, I think they are all likely good. The general area was...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BudgetBusiness
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

This hotel is a pretty average express property. It's right off I-94, easy on, easy off.

I've stayed here for business several times and the service is excellent; very flexible and wiling to accommodate. I often have had large packages delivered or had to change my reservation at a moment, and I've never had a problem.

If I have a complaint it's the free breakfast. The selection is the same as any HIE, but it's never been fresh, always a little stale and heat lamped.

I'll stay here anytime I'm in SE Wisconsin.

Room Tip: Whirlpool rooms are usually the same price as regular rooms. Look if you're interested.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dyer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel and I have no complaint over than the water tastes horrible.
They must be aware of it because they gave us 4 bottles of water when we checked in
The staff was friendly and efficient and the hotel was clean and comfortable.
I had flowers delivered to the hotel for my wife and they were in the room waiting for her…nice touch.

Breakfast was fine.
Overall I would recommend this hotel
Good location and reasonable price

Room Tip: Book the cheapest room then ask for a whirlpool ungrade. They gave it to us at no charge
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwp1952
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We arrived late after a LONG drive!! They were very nice and check in was fast and easy! Had a great 4 days there! They were not crowded at all, I mean who visits Wisconsin in the middle of winter LOL! Have our next trip planned and will be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

We loved our room. Only once did we hear anything in the hallway. The kids enjoyed the pool which was open 5 am to 11 pm. We did not do the breakfast so I am unable to comment on that . The only things I didn't like was that we had for people in the room and towels for 3 people. The next day they didnt replace washclothes so of course we had less. We had a crib but a crib sheet would have been nice.We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank amynmik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Fairfield Inn Racine
Fairfield Inn Racine
#4 of 8 in Racine
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha

Been to Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)? Share your experiences!