“A hit it and quit it kind of place”
Review of Excel Inn

Excel Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturtevant
Excel Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
“A hit it and quit it kind of place”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

So I found Paul's Motel and decided to stay there since it appeared cheaper than the other hotels in the immediate area. My goal was to find somewhere to lie down for the night; not to be pampered.

I pull up and there are maybe 3 vehicles and 30 rooms available. When I get to the office, I have to wait what seemed like forever for the attendant to slither to the window. He is an older gentleman who exhibited was not rude, but definitely did not come across as happy to be there.

Finally, I get my room. Upon walking in, I see what would seem like an old cabin like room. None of the furniture matched, bit that was fine. What wasn't fine was the smell of Bruit cologne that punched me in the face. It smelled like someone poured an entire bottle on the floor.

Next, I went into the bathroom...the toilet bowl brush was left inside the toilet. It was actually pushed in the hole and it almost submerged the entire brush, handle and all, in the water. I pulled it out and was going to set it in the holder, but surprise! There was no holder in site, therefore, I tossed it in the shower.

When I was pulling the toilet bowl brush out of there, I happened to glance down at the toilet more closely...wow...pubic hairs...for me?!?!?! I guess they leave them for you instead of a mint on your pillow.

I guess overall, it was alright for one night. I wouldn't stay for any extended period though. The rooms are unique, but the staff could have put in a smidge more work when it came to cleaning.

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank CMB0618

Travelers are raving about these Sturtevant hotels

Couples
Solo
Business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
#2 of 4 in Sturtevant
Comfort Inn Racine
Comfort Inn Racine
#2 of 8 in Racine
Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)
Quality Inn hotel in Sturtevant
Racine Architect Hotel & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn Racine
Fairfield Inn Racine
#4 of 8 in Racine

Been to Excel Inn? Share your experiences!