On arrival for a Sept weekend, we were greeted by one of the inn keepers, as she introduced herself, as were other guests who have written reviews. Keep in mind the owner runs a shop on downtown and could've been working there at that time. We never met his wife, either, but we are careful to judge the situation. We ran into the owner while wandering the garden and he was happy to chat a while. He may not be the most personable, true, but you can't guess what might be going on behind the scenes. Making the reservation was simple and the person who answered one late evening we called with questions before our arrival was helpful and called back in less than an hour with info he didn't know at the time. Once at the B & B, we got help deciding on restaurants & making calls, and the recommendations were right on. Restaurants and shops downtown close by 9pm. We found the B & B, as a whole, to be authentic, very well kept, and clean. Our Garden House room was cozy, comfortable, and spotless. All the mechanicals worked. The small balcony overlooked the garden and the sound of the continuous fountain was comforting even through the night. Every B & B has its own personality and the breakfast is part of that. No, we did not have a huge spread of food or even options, but our blueberry french toast and 2nd morning egg bake were large enough with accompanying yogurt & fruit and quick bread. The amount was reasonable for fit active adults, happy to be together in a pleasant welcoming atmosphere. You can either sit at the large community style dining table or one of several 2-4 tops in the adjacent living and sitting rooms. The location is excellent as it is within short walking distance to the shops, restaurants, theatre, gas station, bridge for sightseeing, churches, the Saturday morning farmers market, and easy access to the Hwy. There is plenty of parking on the grounds and we enjoyed seeing plates from different states. Our only recommendations are that they offer a coffee maker or electric water heater for tea in the room. The mattress and linens on the bed were extremely comfortable, but they could fix the squeaky bed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exquisite Door County bed and breakfast in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Featuring 18 inviting guest rooms and suites in four elegant turn of the century neighboring homes sharing flower gardens, a gazebo and fish pond. We invite you to experience our world of gracious elegance, sincere hospitality, and attention to detail and quality in cozy rooms and extravagant suites. Explore Sturgeon Bay, Door County from your luxurious B&B hideaway. Wander garden pathways surrounding and connecting each of the four turn-of-the-century homes that make up the White Lace Inn... When evening comes, climb into a canopied plantation bed, or an ornate Victorian Bed, luxuriously dressed in soft linens, a down comforter, lots of big pillows... watch the fireplace weave its relaxing magic... White Lace Inn / Door County, Wisconsin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your White Lace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Lace Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- White Lace Inn Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County