“Tended to everything -- we just relaxed and enjoyed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Scofield House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Chicago, IL
“Tended to everything -- we just relaxed and enjoyed!”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Dan and Vicki are the innkeepers at Scofield House and they are just wonderful!! Anything we needed, they were on it. They keep a wide selection of movies on hand, coffee and tea anytime you want it as well as sweet treats for after dinner or middle of the night snacking. We stayed in the "Room at the Top" and it was pristine and very spacious. Bottled water and sodas were on-hand for all guests to access free of charge.

The breakfasts are to die for and come with an appetite. Generous portions and really wonderful food - every day we had a scone or muffin to start, fresh fruit, then the main dish. Great way to start the day.

Stay here if you get the chance -- you will not be sorry!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband and I took a trip with my parents for their anniversary and birthdays to Door County and based on the reviews for the Scofield House, we choose to stay there for the long weekend. The owners are very nice and when making the reservations, he recommended we rent the guest house since there were 4 of us rather than renting two rooms (the guest house was cheaper). The guest house was very nice and had everything you would need - a full kitchen with just about any pot/pan/utensil you would need to cook a meal. The beds were super comfy and it was very clean. The only down side is that the individual room AC units were loud and they kicked on and off throughout the night. It was cooler one of the nights and we just turned it off, but if it was a hot, humid night you may not get much sleep. It was a great home-base for exploring the rest of door county as well as heading over to Green Bay one day to tour Lambeau Field.

Also, if you're heading out to Door County, be sure to visit Whitefish Dunes State Park - it was absolutely beautiful and provided a great hiking/walking experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank JME30
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed March 1, 2009

This was our first B&B experience. Dan and Vicki were wonderful hosts - breakfast was fantastic. Rooms were quiet and we were offered a free upgrade once we arrived. Great location. Dan even had our car cleaned off for us after a big snow fall. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern Wisconsin
Reviewed February 14, 2009

When I sat down for coffee this morning, I realized I had grabbed the coffee mug from the Scofield House, where we stayed last summer during our trip to Sturgeon Bay. Of couse, today being Valentine's Day, I got to thinking how my husband is not the most romantic person in the world, but that was one of the nicest trips we have ever had. The old Vicorian home is gorgeous, and wonderfully preserved. The woodwork is beautiful! We stayed in the Gazebo Room, which was furnished beautifully and had a private entrance. The large whirlpool tub, the soft glow of the fireplace and the most comfortable mattress I have EVER slept on provided some of the most relaxing nights we had had in a long time. The Inkeepers, Vicky and Dan, were not only hospitable, but very knowledgeable about Sturgeon Bay and the other towns of Door County. They were able to provide great suggestions for lunch and dinner (not that we really had much room for lunch after the huge breakfasts!). They also gave us ideas of things to do during the day, including great shopping, a fun winery tour and some nice scenic areas to get plenty of fresh air. The breakfasts were great! The first day I made the mistake of eating all of the fresh fruit and the entire apple streusel muffin before the main course came out. I was so full, I was sure I couldn't eat another thing. When the french toast dish was brought out, there was no way I could resist it! It was warm and rich, very tasty and filling. The second and third days I ate half of the fruit and saved the muffins for later in the day! The egg and cheese dish was outstanding. It was not too dense, but was quite filling. The breakfast sausage links were huge and the seasoning was excellent. This was some of the best breakfast food I have ever had! Every day there were sweet treats and coffee and tea in the afternoons. Truly a wonderful experience, and one I hope to repeat this summer.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Southern Wisconsin
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We enjoyed anther perfect weekend at the Scofield house in December. My husband took me for an early Chrismas gift, just when I could use a relaxing weekend. This time we stayed in the Water Lily Room (I have a fondness for frogs), and once again it was as comfortable as our last visit. Of couse this time we were in a smaller room, but it was still very nicely decorated in the water lily theme. All the room (we were first to arrive and got a nice personal tour of all the guest rooms) ha.ve their own nice features. I hope in future visits to stay in the beautiful Rose Room or the secluded Gazebo Room. I'd also reccommend for anyone to visit when the house is decorated for the Chirtmas season - just lovely. And again, Inkeepers Dan & Vicki were superb hosts with great suggestions for some winter activities. I can hardy wait to escape the hustle bustle of everyday life to go back to the Scofield House

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed October 28, 2008

The Scofield House is a great place to stay. Beautiful house, very friendly and helpful innkeepers, great food, great price for Door County. We stayed for two nights and were very pleased, we would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Sturgeon Bay.

• Liked — Price, great breakfast, friendly innkeepers
Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
Reviewed August 23, 2008

This is a beautiful old home with great craftsmanship. The rooms are very nicely furnished and decorated. The inn keepers were flexible with our arrangements. This is in a very quiet neighborhood. With a nice library of movies to watch back in your room, good food, and all that Door County has to offer a short drive away this is a very nice place to stay if you're looking for a relaxing weekend. Nice renovated homes turned into B&B are somewhat difficult to find during peak season further north in Door County. We found the drive to be no problem and the availability, selection, & price was better in Sturgeon Bay. The Scofield House is definitely worth staying at if you want to know that you'll have a good experience.

• Liked — Beauty of the house and rooms while located in Door Co. Wisc.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
Thorp House Inn and Cottages
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Scofield House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!