My husband and I recently returned from the Chanticleer after a three night anniversary stay. We had the most relaxing time. We picked the chanticleer for a few reasons....we wanted a private bath and like the idea of breakfast delivered to the door instead of eating all together. We stayed in one of the rooms in the barn. The room was beautiful. I loved the coziness of the room and the natural decor versus a Victorian room at other b and bs. The room was large and spacious enough to enjoy spending time in. There is a wonderful two person jetted tub and a private balcony.
Breakfast was great. It was not over done and was kept simple. I especially loved that a pot of coffee is delivered to your roomin the morning with the breakfast. It was so relaxing to enjoy the breakfast sitting quietly in the room, sitting on the balcony, or getting ready for the day.
Another great thing about the chanticleer is the small pool. We were in door county during a very hot time and it was nice having the pool to cool off which is something other b and bs might not have.
The ground of the b and b are beautiful and full of trails as they own I believe 80 acres. One could walk, sit in the gazebo, or use one of the bikes for the guests.
Of course, my husband and I also enjoyed warm chocolate chip cookies every afternoon. It was a nice treat as we came back from the day to get ready for the evening.
We did not have a lot of interaction with the owners but when we did, they were very nice. We mentioned that we were there for our anniversary and asked if he could help make dinner reservations. He helped us pick the most amazing restaurant and pick a time so that we would be there during the sunset. He called, made the reservation, and we were put at a beautiful window table.
The chanticleer is a bit far from some of the touristy areas of door county but for this trip, it worked out well as we really looked for peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chanticleer Guest House is located on 80 private acres, just north of Sturgeon Bay, WI. We offer 8 bed and breakfast suites, as well as 4 luxury cabins, for rent through out the year. Our in-ground heated pool is open from Memorial Day until Labor Day. All of our accommodations offer double whirlpool tubs, fire places, private bathrooms with showers and a delicious, homemade breakfast delivered to your room each morning. We are also a working sheep farm, with lambing season from March until May. Please contact us with questions and we hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Chanticleer Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chanticleer Guest House Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Chanticleer Guest House Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County