“Always the same.....that's a good thing”

Morning Glory Of Door County
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Right off highway 42-57 you will find us! Come in to enjoy a delicious yet affordable breakfast/ lunch!
Reviewed August 15, 2014

In the area for the summer my wife and I were pointed here by a local.
Spot on, three trips for breakfast and always the same, different menu item, well prepared
and super service at reasonable (non tourist) prices.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were in Door County for the first time and asked some local people in the area where to eat breakfast and a few people suggested Morning Glory Restaurant. My wife, my 4 yr old son and I headed to this restaurant for breakfast one morning. The service was fantastic as the waitress was very attentive to my family needs. The food was good. I had an omelet and my wife had a breakfast "skillet" and my son had pancakes. We all ate all of our food and the prices were reasonable. My family would go back to this restaurant next time we visit Door County.

2  Thank Ronald Y
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Raven was an excellent waitress, came to our table promptly. The food was brought out very fast and was delicious. Lots of food for the cost. I would highly recommend this cafe.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Whoever on this site is getting the great service here, I'd like to know their secret, because that was a far cry from my experience.

This was my first visit to Morning Glory, and I had read good reviews here, so I suggested to a friend that we meet there for breakfast. When I first walked in the door there was a total, and I mean total, lack of acknowledgement from any of the staff. I stood near the entrance to try to get my bearings and to see if I could get someone's attention so I could ask if my friend was already there and if not, if there were any tables available.

After a few uncomfortable minutes of being ignored, I did a walk through to see for myself if my friend was there (again with no acknowledgment from staff). As I found my friend wasn't there and there were no free tables, I ended up going outside and waiting until some customers came out, then I went in and claimed the free table (again, with absolutely no acknowledgement from staff). The server was unfriendly, even when I tried to engage her by smiling and saying, "This is my first time here and I've heard great things about it."

I can't quite put my finger on it, the place was busy but I've been to plenty of busy places here in Sturgeon Bay and around the country where the staff would still at least glance up when you're standing right in front of them, and reply in a friendly way to a friendly remark. It really ruined the experience for me.

I ordered two Swedish style pancakes, thee strips of bacon and hot tea. The pancakes and bacon were $5.75 and the tea was $3. The food was fine (but nothing you couldn't get at a Perkins or Baker's Square), the tea was served with lukewarm water (no refills offered) and two teabags, black and green.

I can actually only recall one other time in my experience when I was treated in a similar rude manner, and it was in Paris during one of the times when they hated Americans and I didn't speak French. But at least that makes a decent anecdote. I won't be going back, and that's too bad because it's one of the nearest restaurants to where my husband and I now live. I will always give a second chance to a friendly place with mediocre food, but I will not give my money again to a place that is totally unfriendly and has merely okay food.

1  Thank MadameCrabanda
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The food was very good. The coffee was excellent. The service was very good. Our server stayed on top of the whole section we were dining in without a glitch. Best of all the prices were very reasonable and the portions were pretty big. I would definitely go back!