“Unfriendly, Won't Be Going Back”

Morning Glory Of Door County LLC
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Right off highway 42-57 you will find us! Come in to enjoy a delicious yet affordable breakfast/ lunch!
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Whoever on this site is getting the great service here, I'd like to know their secret, because that was a far cry from my experience.

This was my first visit to Morning Glory, and I had read good reviews here, so I suggested to a friend that we meet there for breakfast. When I first walked in the door there was a total, and I mean total, lack of acknowledgement from any of the staff. I stood near the entrance to try to get my bearings and to see if I could get someone's attention so I could ask if my friend was already there and if not, if there were any tables available.

After a few uncomfortable minutes of being ignored, I did a walk through to see for myself if my friend was there (again with no acknowledgment from staff). As I found my friend wasn't there and there were no free tables, I ended up going outside and waiting until some customers came out, then I went in and claimed the free table (again, with absolutely no acknowledgement from staff). The server was unfriendly, even when I tried to engage her by smiling and saying, "This is my first time here and I've heard great things about it."

I can't quite put my finger on it, the place was busy but I've been to plenty of busy places here in Sturgeon Bay and around the country where the staff would still at least glance up when you're standing right in front of them, and reply in a friendly way to a friendly remark. It really ruined the experience for me.

I ordered two Swedish style pancakes, thee strips of bacon and hot tea. The pancakes and bacon were $5.75 and the tea was $3. The food was fine (but nothing you couldn't get at a Perkins or Baker's Square), the tea was served with lukewarm water (no refills offered) and two teabags, black and green.

I can actually only recall one other time in my experience when I was treated in a similar rude manner, and it was in Paris during one of the times when they hated Americans and I didn't speak French. But at least that makes a decent anecdote. I won't be going back, and that's too bad because it's one of the nearest restaurants to where my husband and I now live. I will always give a second chance to a friendly place with mediocre food, but I will not give my money again to a place that is totally unfriendly and has merely okay food.

1  Thank MadameCrabanda

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The food was very good. The coffee was excellent. The service was very good. Our server stayed on top of the whole section we were dining in without a glitch. Best of all the prices were very reasonable and the portions were pretty big. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I go to morning glory for breakfast whenever we can! It's great food at a good price. The servers are wonderful and the atmosphere is intimate and cozy. If you come on Saturday for breakfast the best time is before 9 or 10 because they get busy but it is always worth the wait!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stopped with my wife and a friend on the way up to Door County. I and my buddy had breakfast and my wife had a sandwich and soup. Everything we ordered was correct and tasty. I will definitely come back and eat here again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I just love coming here. We live 30 min away but it is well worth the trip. The food is great and very well priced. Only down fall is the waitress could check in a little more.

1  Thank Darrel2127