“Perfect find”

Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Sturgeon Bay
Madison, Wisconsin
“Perfect find”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We just happened to drive by this place on our way to Cave Point just to grab a little something to eat. We got an omelette with an absolutely excellent feta mix and such fresh vegetables. It came with a fruit side and the presentation was amazing. We went back the next day and had lunch. It wasn't as amazing as breakfast the previous day but it was still a great meal. We will definately be back next time we're up and will be recommending this place to anybody we know going to the area.

• Visited July 2012

Genoa City, Wisconsin
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Wanted a light lunch before going to see Cave Point county park. This was the perfect place. We were able to split a sandwich and my husband added the soup. It was delicious. Don't forget to leave a message on the Daily Doily, Ed Asner did.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank GCWItraveler
“Great breakfast......some of the best I've had.........EVER!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My friend I was visiting insisted that we go to the Town Hall for breakfast. She has great taste so I was happy to oblige. I had no idea what I was in for. Farm Fresh eggs and produce! I love breakfast but rarely go out for it since it usually is made with liquid eggs in a carton produced by Sysco. Usually eggs are cooked in an oil spray and I am a firm believer in butter. Eggs and butter are meant to go together. The Town Hall Bakery IS the real deal. The ambiance is very interesting. It does take a little longer to get your meal so do not go if your in a hurry. Lots of antiques and misc items to look at in case you get bored.

1 Thank 2paddle
Antioch, Illinois
“Best Breakfast in Door County”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a 'must visit' place for us whenever we are in Door County, which is often. It is not in Sturgeon Bay though, it's about 20 min north on 57 in Jacksonport. That said, it is worth the drive. It's only open seasonally - usually April/May thru October.

The breakfasts are imaginative and delicious. The Wren's Nest is my favorite. Crisp phyllo dough, layered with sausage, 2 poached eggs and a creamy mustard sauce. My mouth is drooling just typing that. I've made myself deviate from that order the last few times I've visited, and even though that is still my favorite, the other items are just as yummy.

This is a quirky place, but that is part of it's charm. The service is very laid back and you get your own coffee. Toast is included as part of your breakfast, but you need to order it as they don't like to waste it if you aren't going to eat it. Prices are a bit higher than your typical breakfast place - but worth every penny.

It's only November and I am already hitting my winter 'THB' withdrawal.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank travel_junkie3000
Chicago, Illinois
“Great breakfast, not so good lunch”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had lunch there the day before because we missed the breakfast serving time. NOT an all day breakfast place. The lunch was not that good, just ok. Then, the next day we went out on a limb to try it again for breakfast. It was recommended to us by a local waitress. The breakfast was great. I had the Colonel Mustard Garden Omelet and some house pancakes. It was worth trying again. I would go back if i visit Door County again.

• Visited July 2011