“Best Breakfast in Door County”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Town Hall Bakery

Town Hall Bakery
Ranked #32 of 85 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Antioch, Illinois
“Best Breakfast in Door County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a 'must visit' place for us whenever we are in Door County, which is often. It is not in Sturgeon Bay though, it's about 20 min north on 57 in Jacksonport. That said, it is worth the drive. It's only open seasonally - usually April/May thru October.

The breakfasts are imaginative and delicious. The Wren's Nest is my favorite. Crisp phyllo dough, layered with sausage, 2 poached eggs and a creamy mustard sauce. My mouth is drooling just typing that. I've made myself deviate from that order the last few times I've visited, and even though that is still my favorite, the other items are just as yummy.

This is a quirky place, but that is part of it's charm. The service is very laid back and you get your own coffee. Toast is included as part of your breakfast, but you need to order it as they don't like to waste it if you aren't going to eat it. Prices are a bit higher than your typical breakfast place - but worth every penny.

It's only November and I am already hitting my winter 'THB' withdrawal.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank travel_junkie3000

Chicago, Illinois
“Great breakfast, not so good lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had lunch there the day before because we missed the breakfast serving time. NOT an all day breakfast place. The lunch was not that good, just ok. Then, the next day we went out on a limb to try it again for breakfast. It was recommended to us by a local waitress. The breakfast was great. I had the Colonel Mustard Garden Omelet and some house pancakes. It was worth trying again. I would go back if i visit Door County again.

• Visited July 2011