“Hidden gem”
Review of Grey Stone Castle

Grey Stone Castle
Ranked #23 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed September 3, 2013

For a great lunch experience, go to the Graystone Castle and have a prime rib sandwich. Best sandwich in Door County. It's a local pub with nice atmosphere.

2  Thank MikeCSturgeonBayWI
There are newer reviews for Grey Stone Castle

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found this treasure and had a delicious dinner here. The service was good and the dinner was a great deal for the money. I'd eat here again if I ever go back to Sturgeon Bay!

2  Thank 123lovetravel2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go here for dinner on Saturday night since they had a great special... King cut prime rib for $18.00. When we walked in it was a little busy because there was a Packers preseason football game. However we were able to nab a table and immediately the waitress came over. She was extremely nice, very attentive and gave dinner suggestions....which is great when you're trying to choose between two dishes. I ordered the prime rib and hubby ordered the seafood platter. We really both enjoyed our plates (hubby helped me with mine). The steak was cooked perfectly! If you're staying in Door County...especially Sturgeon Bay...this is a must! I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank BearsFan4Ever
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is a bar. They serve delicious food really cheap. 5 adults ate dinner with 2 rounds of beer and 20% tip came to $85. The food is great. The decor, however, is a little creepy. Lots of stuffed birds, bears, deer and the like.

1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you don't like a whitetail deer's butt right above your head while you are eating, this is not the place for you. The entire internal wall area is covered with stuffed and mounted animals and birds of all sorts. Better as a natural history museum than a restaurant. While paying my bill, I was very rudely ignored by the bartender for several minutes while he talked to locals seated at the bar. Finally a waitress came to the rescue. Oh, yeah - the food was nothing to write home about, either.