“My what an improvement!”

Gilmo's Bar & Bistro
Ranked #49 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: French
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Have not eaten here since last year and then only because the Hotel side took such good care of us during remodeling.
But what a surprise when we tried Gilmos Saturday night. We both had delicious prime rib and I added a rock lobster tail that was perfect. Service was quick and excellent. We had a fun time and were thoroughly pleased with how nice our night went. We will be back soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Poor service,dirty tables.out of everything.guess when it's posted on the door wanting cooks,waiters,cleaning staff,that should have been our sign.never go back.its beautiful though.wish they had their act together.

1  Thank twocats
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped in with our boat, very nice marina the marina manager lori was rude but the dock hands were friendly and helpful. The resaurant service was slow but the food was very good the restaurant has a great atmosphere, very enjoyable. I do not know anything about the rooms but from the looks of the rest of the property I would assume they are nice they all have waterviews. We will be back!

1  Thank tom w
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came because we heard of the scenic location and a restaurant that was spacious and clean. We arrived around 7 in the evening of July 5th. The staff person who eventually greeted us said the restaurant was "incredibly busy," although it was only about half-full. She said she didn't know when--or if--she could get around to serving us because it was her first day on the job. We grabbed four menus and sat outside on their deck, which had one other table with people. A pool attendant eventually ambled over as he was putting away umbrellas and said he'd get us a waitress. One came out and took drink orders. The two beers arrived, nothing else. We decided after half an hour to order carryout from another restaurant. We had to find our waitress to try to pay our bill. We finally went to the bartender, paid for our beers, and left. If ever there was a place in need of a "Kitchen Nightmares" intervention, it is this place!

1  Thank lizzard5
Reviewed May 25, 2013

(I posted this same comment on the Wave Pointe page, VERY Satisfied!)
I haven’t been to Wave Pointe in years, last time I was here service was horrific! If it were not for my group of friends that wanted to go out there I would not have gone.
Our meal was terrific! I had a perch basket and was so happy that I could get a salad instead of french fries.
All the servers were busy and our server Stephanie was training, but our service was great.
I was impressed when we paid our bill and the Manager Madison took the time to find out how everything went for us.
I will be back!