“Better than the Albuquerque North Valley Mexican food”
Review of Hot Tamales

Hot Tamales
Ranked #33 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great red chile..enchiladas..mole and burritos and carne. Salsa is fresh and just right..every bit as good as that at the T House. Great breakfast burritos with green and mexican burritos. Plus for those non SW breakfast eaters home made corned beef hash.

Outstanding food, fresh and outstanding preparation.

A must do if you are in door county

1  Thank Mark K

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I live in sturgeon bay and this is my favorite place to go for an amazing burrito. I'm a burrito freak and its always perfect here! The salsa is also amazing and the portions are huge. Burritos come with rice and beans so I am always getting a to-go box. owner is always pleasant and accommodating to customer wants. I enjoy Hot Tamales much better than El Sazon across town which is more expensive and in my opinion not as good tasting.

2  Thank hannahemert
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Oct 11 2013 Lunch: Enchiladas (1 Cheese 1 Shredded beef)
I enjoyed my lunch at Hot Tamales on Oak St. near the Maritime Museum in Sturgeon Bay. The atmosphere was friendly as were the other patrons I encountered. My enchiladas were hot and tasty. There could have been less lettuce and more beans on the plate. The shredded beef was especially good and flavorful, but I would suggest dropping the cheddar-jack in the cheese enchila in favor (and flavor) of something more traditional. The tortilla chips were so so, but good salsa.

1  Thank RGJones_WI
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We love Mexican food and this place was very good. The portions are huge - the waitress/owner was very friendly and accommodating. The Fried Ice Cream really topped the meal off. We would definitely go there again!!! It is off on a side street so don't miss it when in Sturgeon Bay!! Greet Lisa from Minnesota!!

1  Thank skthayer
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The whole place was awesome from the paintings on the walls to the excellent service. The costumers in the restaurant all seemed at home. The food was out of the kitchen in record time hot and delicious. I think if anyone gives this place a bad word walked in unwilling to enjoy themselves in the first place. The food is out of this world and the people working there are always laughing. I loved it!!!!!!!

1  Thank Sandra P