“Good Place to Go”

Hot Tamales
Ranked #35 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The food is very good - fresh and authentic! The décor is lacking - but hey we don't go out to eat to be impressed by the décor - we're into the taste of the food. The food is delicious - salsas are homemade. Nachos are amazing! The prices are slightly on the higher side if you are used to city pricing for Mexican but normal for Door County or even on the inexpensive side when compared to other places. We found this place by accident on night and try to go back as often as we can when we visit Door County. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Kathy P

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The outside is deceiving...it looks like a walk-up deli, but it is a cute little Mexican restaurant with delicious food. Most of us had the pulled pork burrito special with various salsas. My mouth was on fire, but I loved it! My non-Mexican food lover was able to get a yummy bacon cheeseburger, and the little guy got chicken tenders, which were really breaded chicken patties with a face cut into them (cute idea!) There were some Mexican men at another table, and they told the waitress (who was one of the owners) that it was the best food they have had in a long time and that they would come again. We will too, next time we are up in DC!!

3  Thank WeaveMom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great service and great food! The menu has a lot of options and the Mexican taste is authentic. Also, the portions are a good size!

1  Thank Dawn D
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I wanted some Mexican, so we stopped by this place looking for a good meal. While we expect prices to be a little higher in tourist towns, this place was outrageous! We had already ordered our soda's before looking at the menu. I about choked when I seen the prices. I told the waitress that this place was way above our budget, and she says "so your not gonna eat"? I told her no, I could not afford that much for a meal and that I would just pay for our drinks and leave. Our two small drinks were almost five dollars, and the waitress just grunted the whole time after I said we were leaving. I even thanked her for her time and all I got was a grunt and a yeah. I can't say how good the food was because I refuse to be ripped off and the atmosphere wasn't much either!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

nice people.. just not what I would expect in a Mexican restaurant. and décor was horrible. I don't think I would go back since the quality is not up to par for a Mexican restaurant and the décor sucks.. plus it is way too expensive.