“The Salmon Benedict is Awesome!”
Review of The Steel Bridge Cafe - CLOSED

The Steel Bridge Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“The Salmon Benedict is Awesome!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Enjoy discovering a "local secret" on the West side of Sturgeon Bay, nearly adjacent to its namesake, the old Steel Bridge on Madison Ave. Writing this revue makes me want to head back right now for breakfast. I learned about the Salmon Benedict from a musician friend who raved about it on Facebook and I had only been to the Steel Bridge Cafe a few times before for standard breakfast fare ...which was just fine. Then, I followed pat's recommendation and ordered Salmon Benedict. Wow!

On Easter Sunday I took my friend out for breakfast and we ordered the favorite specialty. She's from Chicago and was truly impressed. Fancy Easter buffets couldn't touch this... and it's always available as a regular menu item. Did I mention? ...it's a mere $8.50. The coffee at the Steel Bridge is also fresh ground and delicious!

Seating is at tables or cozy booths and the decor is maritime - located right across from the Door County Maritime Museum. Wait staff is friendly and attentive... I love this hidden gem.

Find them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steel-Bridge-Cafe/240476762658102

• Visited April 2013

Cottage Grove
“Great Breakfast Place”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

WD March 13th, 2013 ... Used Tripadvisor's reviews to select this eatery. No bad choice here!!! Arrived around 10am .... and ... We were met immediately, seated, and, our coffee order was taken. Our orders were taken and served in a timely manner, with the selections prepared as ordered. The food ( 1- Country Omelet & 1- Western Omelet ) tasted great and the portions were generously sized. A homemade strawberry preserve was served with the toast ... It was the best I've tasted in some time !!! Our server returned to our table several times thru the course of the meal to address any issues, or concerns, as well as refilling our coffees.
This was an awesome experience, at a very affordable price!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ttetzloff
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“great food”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

the food was awe some great area to all the little shops in the area
had a great time walking down town. loved the water view a a a a a a a a a a a a
great time a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Visited April 2012
Sherwood, Wisconsin
“Diner you might drive by. Don't.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a great diner, and without the resort area prices. They do their own bread and jam, excellent. I had an omelet made the way I wanted, no fuss. Spouse had pot roast, nice big hunks of beef and a nice rich gravy. Service was friendly and great, Not much for atmosphere, but it's a diner. If you want a very good meal at reasonable price, this is the place.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank z0607
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow cherry pancakes.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Food was excellent. Service was good. Overall it was a nice experience. I had never had cherry pancakes and they were a great experience.

1 Thank Yogi271