“One of My Favorite Sturgeon Bay Restaurants”
Review of Bluefront Cafe

Bluefront Cafe
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: CLOSED JANUARY. From freshly prepared soups to homemade desserts, you will find everything to be of the highest quality. Organic and locally-grown products used whenever possible. Large selection of craft beers and wine to accompany your meal. Casual menu with soups, salads, and sandwiches for lunch.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've been to the Bluefront Cafe a few times, and have enjoyed every visit. The food has always been good -- the turkey sandwich on homemade black bean salsa bread is one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. My least favorite meal has been the fish tacos, but that doesn't mean they were bad. Tasty, but I've had better. The only reason I don't give the restaurant five stars is that I think it's a bit pricey. Still, worth a visit now and then!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I had there lasagna with squash in a cream sauce and it was amazing. I also had their tomato basil soup and it was delicious. We will definitely go back. I would highly recommend eating here. Very quaint atmosphere.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews on this website, we made a point to try the restaurant for brunch. When we first walked in, we were not acknowledged or greeted for a fair amount of time. That kind of set the tone for the visit. After being seated, the waitress asked us what we would like to drink, and I asked what they had for diet sodas. I received a look as if I had just asked for poison. I immediately thought, "Oh, it is THAT kind of place." We ordered our food, and found the ingredients fresh, and the french fries were amazing. Service was a bit lacking, we felt a bit out of place, and the atmosphere was a bit pretentious. Nothing about the visit was awful, but the place definitely caters to the organic/vegan/hippie vibe, and that is just not for us.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This place is perfect every time we come, and this was no exception!!!! The fish tacos are amazing, and I don't even like fish, and I'm not fond of corn tortillas, but they are amazing!! The service is excellent and the atmosphere quaint and cozy. This is always our first stop in DC now!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We called ahead for a reservation on our way into Sturgeon Bay. They happily took the reservation and when we arrived they said "didnt you just call a minute ago?" They continued to tell us that the kitchen is backed up (even though the place was not full) and we would have to wait awhile longer.
When we were seated about 10 mins later we ordered 2 appetizers, chips and homemade salsa and wontons. The chips and salsa was good. The wontons were good, but TINY and I felt like we did not get our $8 worth. They were literally the size of quarters and there were 8 of them. Seemed crazy that we paid $1 each.
Anyway, then we ordered soup. It was tomato with pesto. It looked really pretty but tasted very very bland, and was all heavy cream. I didn't get any tomato flavor from it at all. disappointing.
I ordered the Asian chicken wrap. It was the best thing all night. My husband had the fish tacos. They came topped with marinara sauce. We were both completely confused. Fried fish, corn tortillas, chipolte sauce, cilantro salsa and warm marinara? Not sure.
My kids ordered the chicken tenders and fries. The tenders were def homemade and would have been amazing had they not been cooked so long. The ends were burnt and inedible. The fries were interesting, breaded.
The bill was much higher than what we felt like we should have paid for the meal. I feel like they have a bit of an identity crisis by charging so much for so little. The server was attentive and nice, but the fact that they charge you to wrap leftovers "to go" is a bit over the top.

Lastly, what I was most blown away with is that on the way out I asked the owner what the plant was that was sitting in the center of the lobby because it looked like a cherry tomato plant and my daughter was itching to pick one and eat it. I was informed that it was a "Jerusalem cherry" plant and was extremely poisonous. I googled it when we got in the car and sure enough... it was. WHO ON EARTH keeps a poison plant in the middle of a crowded restaurant with kids running around? This place has potential, don't get me wrong but the owner or whomever was acting as the host was arrogant and very unfriendly. I would order that wrap to go again (and pay for the wrapping) but probably not return.

1  Thank Crenee1977