“Wonderful Supper Club”

Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hubby and I had dinner here during a visit to Door County. It was a lovely place with delicious food. I had steak and shrimp while hubby had surf and turf. My steak was very tender and the sauteed shrimp tasted so fresh. Hubby said his steak was good and lobster was, too.

The salad and soup bar were wonderful. A person was constantly replenishing the salad bar all the while we were there.

My only complaint is why was the butter on the table from CA and not WI? I was astonished with this when WI is the dairy state.

1  Thank SusieO1957

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Has the atmosphere of a nicer Wisconsin supper club, and a menu that is a littler finer than most supper clubs. I enjoyed the escargo appetizer (a lot). My pan fried walleye was good, If a little heavily breaded with Panko. Staff is friendly and the view of lake Michigan is great.

1  Thank FlatBot
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The title states it all. We had the rack of lamb and pork chops. Both were excellent! Service was good. It was a Monday night and we should have made a reservation as the place was busy at the dinner hour.
Did not give it a five rating because I thought it was a bit pricey for Door County.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I ate at Donny's Glidden Lodge on our anniversary on a Thursday evening. It was a perfect atmosphere- dimly lit with a nice view. We were at least 20 years younger than any other patrons, but we were okay with that. I ordered the steak and shrimp combo, and my husband had the prime rib. The salad that came with was okay, but the soups were delicious. I tried the cabbage soup, and my husband had the three pepper soup (I think it was called)- which was basically a chili. They also had a nice light roll that we kind of were in love with (it doesn't take much lol.) The food was delicious. The service was great. 'Nuff said.

1  Thank DivaJetSetter
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Service is excellent. Went here for the views which are spectacular. Food is a little above average. Your general menu item or steak, lobster, walleye. I had the walleye which i would not get again but my wife had Ahi Tuna with a Red Bell Pepper sauce that was to die for.

If you are looking for great food go somewhere else, great views go here!

1  Thank Joshua J