“Great Food and Location”

Donny's Glidden Lodge
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Food and Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The title states it all. We had the rack of lamb and pork chops. Both were excellent! Service was good. It was a Monday night and we should have made a reservation as the place was busy at the dinner hour.
Did not give it a five rating because I thought it was a bit pricey for Door County.

Visited June 2013

Divajetsetter
“Fabulous anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I ate at Donny's Glidden Lodge on our anniversary on a Thursday evening. It was a perfect atmosphere- dimly lit with a nice view. We were at least 20 years younger than any other patrons, but we were okay with that. I ordered the steak and shrimp combo, and my husband had the prime rib. The salad that came with was okay, but the soups were delicious. I tried the cabbage soup, and my husband had the three pepper soup (I think it was called)- which was basically a chili. They also had a nice light roll that we kind of were in love with (it doesn't take much lol.) The food was delicious. The service was great. 'Nuff said.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DivaJetSetter
Chicago IL
“Great service; Food Was good. Pretty basic menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Service is excellent. Went here for the views which are spectacular. Food is a little above average. Your general menu item or steak, lobster, walleye. I had the walleye which i would not get again but my wife had Ahi Tuna with a Red Bell Pepper sauce that was to die for.

If you are looking for great food go somewhere else, great views go here!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joshua J
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Overpriced average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

View is wonderful but food was overpriced and nothing special. Will not go back as there are other fancy places to go to around town.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ariane W
Madison, Wisconsin
“Loved Donny's Glidden Lodge Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Although we have stayed in Door county for the past 25 years, we never stopped at the Glidden Lodge. What an absolute treasure! The historic restaurant, with stone fireplace and wonderful views of Lake Michigan was a trip to the past. The traditional menu was absolutely magnificent. I had the walleye and my husband had the salmon with shrimp. Good salad bars are hard to find and this one was exceptional. There were two homemade soups, fresh bread and all the favorites on the bar. Our waitress was fantastic...she was on top of everything, friendly, funny and juggled many tables with ease. No wonder the restaurant was packed full still at 9:00 p.m. Sort of hate to give it such a great review since now it will probably be even more crowded!

• Visited May 2013