“excellent prime rib”

Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great view understates it and a timeless experience.
The prime rib was the best I ever eat.
Service above and beyond.
Absolutely great!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Donny's Glidden Lodge

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place was recommended to us by the owners of the Chanticleer Guest House on Cherry Road. We got lost the first time, after we got, the meal WAS WELL WORTH driving around looking for this place!!! Their pan fried walleye is too DIE for!! We have been going back ever since!!
I asked if it was possible to have a window seat for our last night there and the hostess that night said no promises and I said can we try. She did not promise anything. So we get there before our reservation and the owner was there seating guests. I got to the desk and ask him if we can have a table and he said "no" this is all I have and he showed us three tables by the busy salad bar and swinging doors to kitchen. If he ONLY said "would you mind waiting, there are couple of tables that will open up"? But he didn't, he said we can have any of the three tables. so we sat because my boyfriend did not want me to make a huge stink about this. It was our last night there and it was BEAUTIFUL night and I wanted to take a picture of us near the window. Besides this issue, everything else is worth the wait!! The salad bar was fresh, the soup is HOT, the macaroni salad is the bomb! The walleye dinner is fresh and hot!! Lightly breaded and browned on both sides!! Crunchy! Huge serving!!
So if you really want a GREAT meal for the price please "find" the Donny Glidden restaurant tucked away in the woods!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stopped in on the advice of a friend and we were not disappointed. The ambience and view was wondering and the food top notch.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We love the Glidden steak meal. A bit expensive, but worth it. Beautiful view and you can relax and enjoy. Only disappointment was the garlic mashed potatoes. They tasted like they were out of a "box" and we could hardly taste any garlic. Since everything else was excellent, we were surprised at this bit of a let down. Would not order them again. There were other potato choices.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We tried Donny's Glidden Lodge because of all the great reviews. We were not disappointed. When we walked in the bartender greeted us and we had a seat at the bar. My husband was going to tell the hostess we were there for our reservation but the bartender did it for us even though he was busy.

We had the soup and salad bar and escargot before our meal. All was delicious. I ordered the New York Strip medium rare and it was perfect. The meat practically melted in your mouth. My husband had the walleye which I tried. It was also delicious.

We were so full but then our server came out with the dessert tray. It's easy to say no if you are just asked but when that tray is in front of you forget it. I ordered a Death By Chocolate cake to go.

The only complaint I would have is they crammed a lot of tables in a small space. And I've never been a fan of sitting directly in the middle of the dining room. Because of the ceiling and all the diners it was incredibly loud. I like a little more ambience with my meal. They should add some partitions or something. You could barely hear each other.

I would recommend to anyone looking for an amazing meal.