“Good food, lousy acoustics!”
Review of Neighborhood Pub - CLOSED

Neighborhood Pub
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Oak Park, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, lousy acoustics!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The lack of acoustical tile the Neighborhood Inn makes it impossible to carry on a conversation with anyone you are dining with, even with the person sitting next to you!

I've tried on several occasions to speak to Paul, the owner, but he has not return my calls. Too bad, because for a minimal expense of adding the tile he could make the experience at his restaurant a much more enjoyable experience!

1 Thank Carl S

Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Good Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped here for the first time, and while it was small, it was friendly and had great food! We only had to wait for a little bit on a Friday night and the place was packed. My husband had the fish fry and said it was excellent. I had a flatbread pizza, which was wonderful. Their prices are fair. We will definately be going back when we are in Strugeon Bay!

• Visited September 2013
Michigan
“Good Place To Go”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here and it is a typical sports bar/grill. Several tv's going, quite loud. However, the food is really good and we had wonderful service. The menu is reasonably priced, the food was served hot. If we ever return to Sturgeon Bay we would go back.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch during a Packer Game”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were staying in Sturgeon Bay at a local place and wanted somewhere to eat lunch and watch the Packer game. It was very noisy, although when games are on that's expected and was fine with us. The waitress was very good and apologetic for getting to us a little late after we sat down but was quick to come back to take our order. The cheese curds were good, don't think you can mess those up, and I ordered the French dip with fries while my husband ordered the prime rib sandwich with fries. Mine was very bland and had no taste at all; we make these at home and are more flavorful and delicious than this. My fries were also overcooked and the waitress had them redone before bringing out my plate, although they were then a little limp. My husband's sandwich came out with all the fat still on it and wasn't in some type of sandwich so he had to cut the fat off and place the second piece of bread on top, but even still it seemed too big and it should've been more thinly sliced or shaved to be put onto a sandwich and with dipping it in au jus, should've been on a roll or bun. Like I said, the service was good and friendly but the food wasn't the best for the price we paid and we will not likely go back.

Bridgewater Corners, Vermont
“FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The menu is loaded with choices...something for everyone. All the items we ordered were cooked to our liking, large portions and served in a timely manner...even when the place is crowded. Great food...great value...and a warm, friendly "neighborhood."

Visited September 2013