“Good food, numerous TVs, and lots of noise!”
Review of Neighborhood Pub - CLOSED

Neighborhood Pub
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Madison, WI
“Good food, numerous TVs, and lots of noise!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Deciding we were not too hungry on a Saturday night we found a good variety of menu options and reasonable prices at the Neighborhood Pub - so we decided to give it a try. I called in advance around 7 pm to check on the wait time for a table, and was told they had a few spaces left. We rushed over and got the last available table, which unfortunately was next to the door and a table reserved for large parties.

Our waitress immediately came to take our drink order, but forgot to bring us menus. She returned several minutes later with our drinks but still did not have menus. She seemed to have several tables that were turning over at the same time, and was more focused on closing out their checks so people now waiting for a table could sit. Eventually we did get our menus and placed our order.

I ordered the Bleu Cheese Burger without onions. The burger was quite good. The bleu cheese was plentiful, and the bacon was crisp and cooked perfectly. The bun was also very good, although a little large given the size of the burger patty. The burger came with chips and a pickle.

My wife ordered the cod dinner with sweet potato fries. The cod was served in small rectangles that were lightly battered. I tried a piece and thought it was quite good. My wife loves sweet potato fries, and her meal came with a generous portion. At the end, however, it was the cod that had vanished while sweet potato fries remained. That in itself means the cod must have been good!

I could not resist trying a piece of Door County Cherry Cobbler, which the menu said was homemade and served a la mode. The piece of cobbler arrived and was huge! It had a fairly thick crust on the bottom, and was filled with cherries. Taste was average. I like a small amount of almond flavoring with cherry desserts, and did not notice any almond flavoring in this cobbler.

Atmosphere was that of a typical pub. Sitting by the door and a table reserved for large parties meant we were probably in the loudest part of the restaurant. At times my wife and I could not hear each other as we were talking. Towards the end of our meal the large party left and things got much quieter.

If you are looking for good food at a reasonable price (our meal totaled $30 after adding two sodas), the Neighborhood Pub is a good choice. Try to get a table on the side or back of the bar to cut down on the noise.

• Visited July 2013

Albuquerque, NM
“Good pub food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Good sandwiches and burgers. We had good service. My in-laws as regulars here, and say it is consistently good.

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Ol' Wisconsin Locals Pub”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went here looking to watch the NHL Stanley Cup Finals as die-hard Blackhawks fans, and were happy to see many TVs throughout the restaurant and bar area. The atmosphere was great, and busy even on a Monday night. The drinks were extremely cheap, and the food was pretty good. We really enjoyed the artichoke dip appetizer. Prime rib seems to be one of their specialties, my boyfriend could hardly finish the 9 ounces on the prime rib sandwich. Definitely a good bang for your buck!

Visited June 2013
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Food, service not so much”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant our last evening in Door County. The food was excellent. The service, on the other hand, not as good. The waitress we had was neither friendly nor caring. She never told us about the specials (it was Father's Day weekend and there were specials that day), she never looked at us. She was very short with us. It seemed like we were bothering her, like she wanted us to leave. When she brought us the bill, she threw it on the table and walked away. We will come back for the food, but will request not to have her as our waitress.

• Visited June 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Convenient and friendly”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My mom, friend and I walked to this restaurant for dinner because we were staying at the Best Western across the street and they offered a 10% discount for hotel guests. Although they were very busy, we were greeted and seated immediately by friendly staff. We ordered fried cheese curds for an appetizer and they were very good. My mom and friend both ordered wraps and I ordered a small pizza. The meals were satisfactory and filling, although their pizza was a little too crunchy and flaky for my personal preference. Our waitress was attentive throughout our meal and brought drinks and refills promptly. The maritime décor inside the restaurant was very cool. We even had interactions with other guests when an elderly man politely offered us his leftovers! Overall very friendly environment and good food. I would go back and try another entrée on their fairly extensive menu.

• Visited June 2013