“Great B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Robin runs a fantastic Bed and Breakfast, providing premium services on top of the normal B&B services. She was incredibly welcoming and friendly. We were only able to stay for one evening but the room was beautiful and comfortable as well. The Garden Gate is in a great location, just a few minutes walking distance into town.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travis T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our stay in the English Lavendar Room was enjoyable. Nicely decorated. I particularly enjoyed the candles Robin had placed around the room. The double whirlpool was another nice feature of the room, as well as our own private porch to enjoy. Owner was very accommodating with meeting our stated needs. Breakfast was delicious, and very filling. It was nice to have the option what time it was served. Evening dessert was a nice extra.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice. But if you want something with your own porch and a whirlpool, choose th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MilwaukeeAlleycat
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our stay at Garden Gate was wonderful! Robin's warm hospitality made us feel so comfortable and her beautiful breakfasts were a great start to the day. She provided a lot of information to point us in the right direction for our daily and nightly excursions. The location was easy to locate and we were able to walk to the farmer's market on Saturday morning. She made our first anniversary celebration very memorable. Stay here ... we hope to come back!

2 Thank designer55408
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Enjoyed a 3 night stay & were extremely well fed in Victorian surroundings. The location is very convenient to restaurants and a few galleries in town, some in walking distance. Our room was beautifully decorated, included a whirlpool tub as well as an adjoining deck. It has been lovingly run as a B&B for 12 years and provides a wealth of Victorian charm. Found it a good spot to stay while visiting Door County. It compares well to other B&Bs we have stayed in around the country. Robin goes out of her way to make you feel at home & is very well informed about Door County. We were very pleased & satisfied with our choice.

2 Thank Sunny116066
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My first time staying at a bed and breakfast, and I chose to stay here based on the reviews. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect. When I got to Garden Gate after a two hour drive, I stayed in the Vintage Rose room. Robin checked me in and gave me the tour of the house. I informed her it was my first stay and she gave me all kinds of tips for when I am booking another bed and breakfast. The room was very cozy and invited me in to just relax. I took a nap while waiting for my friend to get there. It was perfect and quiet. I love the fact that there was a selection of movies to watch and the cakes were so delicious.

Robin was incredibly welcoming and had a lot of information to give about Sturgeon Bay.

The location was perfect, about a five minute walk to downtown. It was perfect! I was staying for the Sturgeon Bay annual Steelbridge Songfest. I would definitely stay again and recommend others to stay there.

By the time I was leaving I felt like I knew Robin well and felt as if she was family. It was a so nice to feel like I was leaving behind a home that I could come back and visit anytime.

1 Thank joifulhrt
altoona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed in the Lilac Room-loved the swirlpool tub! Our entire stay was wonderful, and it was all because of the lovely innkeeper, Robin. She had fresh baked brownies at night, movies and music for our room, charming living room and dining area, and the most delicious breakfast in the morning! Robin gave us directions to a fantastic restaurant with a beautiful view...we wouldn't have found it on our own. She made us feel so welcomed-we enjoyed great converstion and feel like we have a new friend.

Pecatonica, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have stayed at other B & B's but the Garden Gate is exceptional. We were welcomed with a warm hug, great conversation and ideas of what to do. The room was wonderful and the bottle of wine was most welcomed. The Lavendar Room was so relaxing especially with the swirlpool tub. The late night cakes and morning coffee was delicious. The breakfasts we had were so filling and wonderfully presented. Robin's presentation and her special touches never went unnoticed. "Let there be light" will be remembered. We spent the days exploring the area but always felt like we were coming "home". Robin, you have a great "home" and thanks for sharing it with us. Your dream is a reality and those that come to visit you leave as "friends" We will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms would be inviting depending on what you desire. We saw one other room and it was beautifu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!