“First B&B experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Beloit, Wisconsin
“First B&B experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I just spent the weekend at Garden Gate. Robin is a great hostess and makes the most wonderful and filling breakfasts. She gave us loads of information about the area. We came each nite to a wonderful desert in our room. We stayed in the Lavender room, which was wonderful, especially the largest 2 person whirlpool tub in Door County. She even had my favorite flowers in our room, Tulips. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If your looking for a romantic room, choose the Lavander room, it was roomy, had candles and the hug...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shokm36

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Leawood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have stayed at Garden Gate B & B on two separate occasions; first time with my husband and second time with my daughter and granddaughter. I was eager to write this review because both occasions were very enjoyable and memorable. Robin was a very friendly, warm, helpful and hospitable hostess. We enjoyed the Victorian style bedroom decor and the fact that each bedroom had their own bathroom. In the evening, snacks and beverages were set out for our enjoyment. In the morning, we were served a gourmet style breakfast. Robin was attentive and ensured that our special dietary needs were met being that I was a Vegetarian. Overall, our needs were met and thanks for providing the "at home" experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Joyce M
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had never been to a B & B and I was so delighted with my experience. My husband had taken me there for my birthday this year. From the time we had gotten to Garden Gate till we had left, Robin made sure that all are needs were taken care of. She was an awesome host. Her home is beautiful with all the victorian charm and very clean. You can tell that this is Robins passion and that she cares for people. Robin made my birthday so special with all her little touches along with a birthday card. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful, I felt like a queen. Robin made my first experience at a B & B amazing. I definelty will be back and will recommend to my friends and family

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lori N
New Richmond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I where here for a long weekend for our 3rd anniversary and my birthday. We have been at several B&B's along the Great Lakes- we love the area.
Robin is amazing. Her breakfasts really are something- even with the hiking/biking adventures we went on we were full well into the afternoon. It was great to come back to amazing cake in the evening also- a great before bed treat. The DVD and book selection is better then most B&B's we have stayed at (more current!) The rooms are clean, current and large!- and a GREAT price for the area! Robin also has a very good "stash" of info about Door County.

For those that "complain" about the ship yard in front of the house- please understand where you are staying. It is a shipping community- that is their way of life and that to the people of the area is money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kristin J
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

After a stressful year and a first week of holidays that was tainted by head colds, my wife, our six months-old son and I spent a wonderful, restful time at Robin's Garden Gate B&B. She did a marvelous job in making us feel at home and being a grandmother herself, took such good care of our baby that we could have a real, quiet breakfast just the two of us - every day of our stay. She would event get up very early to light the fireplace in the living room when we woke up early. The whole atmosphere was very relaxing and the inn is very well located for tours around Door County. Highly recommendable!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Frank W
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and Ihad a wonderful stay at this beautiful Victorian home. The place is very stylish and clean. The breakfast was ridiculously good!!! Robin is a wonderful host.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim A
New Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

This was my husband and I's first trip to Door County. We were looking forward to a relaxing weekend full of great food, and the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast exceeded our expectations! We stayed in the Lavender Room, which is very beautiful, and I miss the hot tub already. Robin was a great hostess and an amazing cook. If you are looking for a lovely place to stay and eat well, all at a great location in Door County, then this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
The Diplomat Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 15 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!