“False Advertisement”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Wisconsin
“False Advertisement”
Reviewed February 5, 2007

Hospitality was Great. I booked a weekend at Best Western, because they claimed to have a work out room and a bar/lounge and a restaurant on site. Though when I arrived I found none of these features. Best Western Maritime Inn must correct this false claim.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — Fals Advertisement
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank WisconsinMason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Minnesota
Reviewed August 5, 2006

We stayed 2 nights at this Best Western and were very impressed with the accommodations and friendly staff. We were staying here while traveling with a large bike tour group through Door County. The staff was supportive of our needs for an early breakfast and did allow our bikes to be brought into our rooms. We arrived early for check in and were surprised to be handed our room key immediately at no extra cost. Will stay again if in the area.

• Liked — Room Comfort
  • Disliked — Question our 2nd room as really a non-smoking room
  • Stayed August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank RansRider
Reviewed July 1, 2006

We stayed one night - paid about $120 on weekend - we got our money's worth. Check-in desk was friendly and helpful. They had mini sewing repair kits in a basket at the counter. There was a breakfast buffet served from 6 to 9, but when we went down at 9:30 we were still able to get something as the lady cleaned up. She was very nice. (included was cereal from a dispenser - smart move against travelers who like to stock up on the cereals! and yummy mini-muffins of assorted flavors.) They allow pets there, too . The place was sort of old but clean & well-maintained (things you take for granted til they are broke: doors that open easily, etc.) and had nice little touches like plastic laundry bags in the room. I just really enjoyed my stay there - no problems, parking lot to room was short walk, wasn't noisy there, traffic was not heavy. Another nice touch is that it is located across the street from a group of stores, so if you forgot anything from home or just need aspirin, you are set. Excellent place to stay if you just want a place to rest and then go out and about your day.

• Stayed July 2006
Reviewed April 24, 2006

The Best Western was great for the price. The rooms were a good size with a fireplce in the lobby to sit and read. The pool was nice and the whirlpool was great.My only problem was the continental breakfast was really small so bring snacks back from out shopping.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Perth
Reviewed June 19, 2005

The best word for this hotel is "fine" - as in nothing spectacular, but perfectly acceptable.
The rooms are 'fine' (clean and neat with all the things you need.)
Breakfast was 'fine' (usual stuff, bagels, toast, cereal etc.)
Service was 'fine' (not dismissive, not over friendly etc.)

I think you see my point.

Overall, a nice enough hotel with a decent looking pool and, although the place does feel a bit dated, I saw no reason to avoid it and I would stay there again if there were ever a need (unlikely for me - see note 1 below).

A couple of side notes,
1) I may have been missing something (I was stopping over on my way through) but I would say that there is little or nothing to see or do in Sturgeon Bay itself - that isn't the hotels fault, I just mention it for those considering a stop-over
2) One of the reviews here (the April 2003 one) seems to be talking about a different hotel to the one I stayed at? Reference is made to the "Inn on Maritime Bay" (not the same name), to a restaurant (my eyesight isn't great but I would have noticed a restaurant attached to the hotel) and to Manitowoc (this hotel is in Sturgeon Bay and Manitowoc is miles away.)

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank MattsPerth
Reviewed November 22, 2004

We visit Sturgeon Bay both on and off season to see local family and have so far found the Best Western Maritime Inn to be the best value in town.

Rooms are adequately maintained, the continental breakfast is "typical", etc - just your average hotel for the most part.

Things that make me rank them "Above average" are the service - which has always been good (unfortunately not a given nowadays), and the indoor pool - which is not overly large, but is kept at a comfortable temperature vs. some other hotel's pools we've tried in the area. We stayed at one place where the kids (2 and 4 at the time) wouldn't even get in the water it was so cold! (Management at that site said the pool was at the proper temperature)

If there is a downside, the hotel is often more crowded than some others nearby, which can lead to pool crowding and/or hallway noise at times, but it's the side effect of the good price and service you get.

• Stayed November 2004
#16 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Best Western Maritime Inn? Share your experiences!