Stayed for three nights as a base on our first trip to Door County and believe I found a gem. In searching internet hoping for "tweener season" (between summer sun and fall foliage) vacancies, I found Holiday Hotel as one of the few with availability at very reasonable rates for two rooms. While not luxurious it was very comfortable and clean, a real value for the price. While the nearby "steel bridge" landmark was under construction and there were no music events scheduled during my visit, we found location to work well both as to walks to a variety of good restaurants and museums in Sturgeon Bay and easy day drives to all points of Door County. Nice new LCD TVs and free wifi in room, which is good since the only real "public space" is the small but funky fun breakfast nook (which served a minimal continental breakfast) and a half-lobby off check-in desk. One nitpick: no coffee machine in room, and had to wait until 7 am for coffee when breakfast nook opened. Still, a very fun place to stay given Fifties motif and friendly staff, and priced below other traditional motels of higher "star" ranking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Door County's first motel has been lovingly restored. Clean, comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff, great amenities, low rates, and an unbeatable location. We host live music weekly all year round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Music Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Music Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Holiday Music Motel Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County