“great place to stay!”

Holiday Music Motel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Okay, so usually I'm more of a Hampton Inn type person, but based on other reviews, decided to give this place a shot as their rates were very reasonable. Wow..what a treat. Kind of a quirky offbeat place...loved the tinsel tree and instruments in the lobby..loved the clean and well-kept retro furniture. The bed was comfortable. The linens were fresh and clean, On our second day there, we came back from sight-seeing and the room was tidied up nicely. Staff were all friendly and helpful. The first night that we were there there was free musical entertainment which was very enjoyable...nice way to unwind after a long day of driving. I was worried about noise from pets and other patrons, but it was very quiet at night. The air conditioner made a bit of noise, but it worked well and didn't have to run long. Kitchenette was stocked with coffee and juice & milk and various breakfast items like cereal and oatmeal. Definitely, I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2012

As a devoted Tripadvisor follower, I had to double-check when the Holiday Music Motel came so highly recommended! I'm not much of a motel type traveler and the low prices made me even more unsure! But I decided to go for it and surprise my husband. The only thing I told him about the place was that I wouldn't normally stay there and it only cost $55. That's when he said he didn't want to stay there! But we were so glad we did! We stayed on a Thursday night and were fortunate to be there during "open mic". We heard several good musicians, included Pat, which was a treat! The decor is so much fun! The place is clean and the beds are comfortable. Good job!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I feel very lucky to have found this place. I was doing a last minute search for motels that allow pets and this came up. I spoke with the Manager and arranged our stay. We loved it, the dogs loved it...what more could we ask! Very friendly and helpful staff. Great guests too. Had fun talking to the other guests in the lobby area. Everyone that we talked to really liked the place and had stayed before. I will be back again myself! Very clean, very organized, very comfortable and very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The rooms are very clean, and comfortable. The staff was AWESOME and the WiFi worked well in any room. I stayed at the Holiday for 3 week while working in Sturgeon Bay, and couldn't have been happier. If you want a clean comfortable place at a reasonable price, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you smoke, let them know when booking a room. They will try to put you close to an outside door.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Totally recommend it! You are going to love it! The rooms are great, clean. Wonderful environment and vintage retro decor. Close to the shops and winery we are Absolutely coming back!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank aklemme
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I took a quick two day visit to the area and chose this motel based on the reviews and the price. Let's just say we were extremely impressed! The staff is great, the rooms are clean, cozy and we loved the fun decor. Great value and definitely a place we plan to visit again.

Room Tip: Nice option if you want to take your dog along.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We took an interest in the motel because of the novelty mix of music and a place to stay. Then, with the high reviews, we decided we needed to give it a try, and we were not disappointed.

Very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. And retro did not mean worn-out. Lots of original furniture, but all appeared to be in good repair. Even enjoyed relaxing by picking up and playing a couple instruments sitting in the lounge area. The continental breakfast was good and sufficient. And the quaint dining area became a social hub.

For a small local operation, they have reached far beyond the local community. it looks like they found a way to make it all come together, and we hope to have an opportunity to return again.

Thank you!!

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay
Super 8 Sturgeon Bay
Super 8 Sturgeon Bay
#16 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Holiday Music Motel? Share your experiences!