“Fantastic wine, Great Service!”
Review of Red Oak Winery

Red Oak Winery
Ranked #11 of 42 things to do in Sturgeon Bay
Morton Grove, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic wine, Great Service!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had a great experience visiting Red Oak- It was my first time checking out this winery. I truly enjoyed the visit. I got to sample some fantastic wine and our wine expert was extremely knowledgeable. I won't forget Lana because she took the time to listen to the wines I was interested in and she made her recommendations for what suited my likes. She told me about the 'Autumn Crisp' in particular which was by far my favorite! I experienced friendly hospitality , got some fabulous wine, and had a great time with my boyfriend and my friends. It is a great place and I'll make that one of my regular stops when I visit Door County again.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Laura C

Skokie, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice time, Great people!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice new place!
We came in to get out of the cold and to experience some of the Door County hospitality. The wine we tasted was exceptional for the price! The people were very friendly and knew what they were doing. We had Lana as our expert, and she was perfect! She was patient and friendly. She recommended several types of wine for us to sample. After many samples she helped us to narrow down what we really liked as well as trying some that we wouldn't have thought of. We really had a pleasant experience there with her and will go back to see her again! Need to restock as well! In short; Fun, reasonably priced, educational and really felt the "Door County" touch. Love the new place to!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mikes0273
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"F" in experience”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Unsatisfied and will probably never go back...not when there are other more wonderful wineries than this place. The customer service gets an "F" in every branch. 1) First of all, it moved and didn't update the map location, so after driving for over an hour, I got to a closed parking lot with no signage that it changed locations. I called, and it was 6-7 minutes back in a direction I already drove, essentially adding 15 minutes to my drive by going back and forth and stopping to call. 2) When I got there, they cashed other people out and walked away from the register, leaving me to stand there for several minutes with no greeting, until my boyfriend and I sat ourselves at the bar. 3) By then I didn't want anything. So my boyfriend ordered the wine selections and we got to share a plate of plain oyster crackers with another couple. He paid the $5, when other wineries offer free tastings. We didn't get any cheese, bread, or chocolate, even though I found out it's Wonder Bread and Hersheys Kisses. 4) The bartender told us she only worked there for the wine discount and went down the list of all the ones she couldn't afford. I didn't want to spend a penny of my money at this winery. Go to others around for a much much better experience!!!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Gia P
Wisconsin
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Am I in a pole shed with cheap wine”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really enjoyed the person doing the tasting. I like to start out positive, but now to the meat and potatoes, or shall I say the wine and oyster crackers. For $5.00 I really wanted to taste at least one wine that was good. None here. We have done dozen's of tastings...free and not free. I don't know what their old location looked like but this one is horrible. It looks like a pole shed outside my dad's farm. The wines left a lot to be desired. They are quite spendy $25.00 to $50.00 a bottle and I have had better for $12.00. I was joking that palette must not be sophisticated enough for their wines, but I know that this really isn't true. The wines are very true to their description...the one that boasts hints of tobacco really tastes like you are eating a cigarette (maybe the barrel was toasted too much), etc...etc...Out of all of the winery tours you have to choose from, I don't recommend this one!!

Visited September 2012
wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun time”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

we stopped here and did a few samples staff was great and very helpful. We ended up buying a few bottles

Visited September 2012