“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Harbor Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Stone Harbor Resort
You added Stone Harbor Resort to your Saves list
107 N. First Avenue, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Minnesota
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I almost never make hotel reservations so that we don't have to make it to a certain hotel by a certain time. We just drive until we find a nice place. Well we drove past this resort and my husband said why don't we just see if they have any rooms and how much. So we turned around and went to the bar for a quick drink then walked to the reception area (conveniently located). We asked about price and availability and were pleasantly supprised that they had rooms available and we got a King with a balcony and a water view for $115 a night. The place has an easy beach feel to it. Some may think the decore is old or worn looking but that is the faux finish. Granted the TV's were small but you are right on the harbor with boats to watch and within walking distance of many wonderful shops. You do not need to sit in your room and watch TV. The restraunt was very delicious and reasonably priced (Dinner for my husband and I with drinks was under $30). I can't say enough good things about this place. If I find my self in Sturgeon Bay agian I will defenatly try to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Green Bay, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in July for a wedding. This place has a beautiful waterfront setting with many amenities and access to shops and dining. However, they miss it on many levels. The linens and bedding were worn. The televisions are small, older tube TV's. The room was in need of general updating (nothing major, but it just felt "old"). The staff did not seem overly friendly. The common space was very nice and well maintained. The room was clean, but it just didn't feel like it was a match for the common areas of the resort. I just don't think I would go back, or recommend it to others, when there are many other places to stay in Sturgeon Bay and Door County.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KRGreenBay
Tinley Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The boyfriend and I stayed Mon-Weds at Stone Harbor and we really enjoyed our experience there. We arrived early, and were able to get into a room right away. We requested a King size bed with balcony, and the view outside our room was absolutely perfect. A water view is not guaranteed, but we had pool and water view. It was perfect! The room was very clean, it could be updated a bit considering the rest of the resort is beautiful. The bathroom was nice too.
The attached restaurant is pretty good, and the pub is great! The pool was very nice considering the days we were in town were very hot!

My only complaints: It would have been nice if the room had a refrigerator and an updated television. I also wish shampoo AND conditioner were provided.
Everything was great, including the price/night, and we'd enjoy coming back!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to have a balcony, the views from all are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlexaRE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Price is good. Location is great. Great walking area behind the hotel,right next to the harbor. Just up the street there are quite a few nice restaurants and little shops. Staff was very nice and helpful. I cannot wait to come back and stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at stone harbor for 10 days over the fourth of July week
We stayed here because of the convince to family and we had our boat at the marina, which was super convenient.

However, the service in the restaurant was atrocious.

Rude, incompetent, lazy, slow!

We spent a lot of money because of the convience in the beginning,
But that ended quickly, as I was not going to
Give my money to their establishment

One place that was the exception was the tiki bar.

Johnny walker, the bartender, new our entire family, and was very good

Our keys never worked. We must have went to the front desk 25 times.. Literally

Will never stay there again

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Aln0122
Neenah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent the weekend in Door County and stayed at the Stone Harbor Resort. We’ve been there 3 - 4 times previously and they didn’t disappoint. The place was full but the staff friendly, check-in was quick and the rooms were comfortable. After visiting friends on their boat, we returned for cocktails and dancing. The band played our music and prices were fair for the area and time of the year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Popper27
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I just returned from Door County where I visit up to 3 times a year. I stayed at Stone Harbor because it was close to my family reunion I was attending. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. The carpet looked like a crime scene, the clean pillow had old washed out bllod stains, earwigs in the bathroom, and the fire alarm went off on the day of our departure. We were not told to leave our rooms or given any information. The bed smelled of urine and the T.V. is 13 inches big and is hung in a hospital room fashion. YIKES!

Room Tip: Get a suite and pay the extra money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank golson70
nbertz, Manager at Stone Harbor Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Upon checkin, you came to the desk telling us of your room. However, when we asked to go look at it, you immediately said no, you did not want anyone in there until after you left. You were then given a substancial discount, which you accepted gladly and said all was well. Now reading this makes me believe you were not satisifed. You were also offered to be moved to a different room and did not want to do that. I am not sure how we could have made you happy. It was my understanding when you said thank you for the discount that you were happy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
Glidden Lodge Beach Resort
Glidden Lodge Beach Resort
#7 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
5.0 of 5 stars 100 reviews

Been to Stone Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!