Stone Harbor Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
See available hotels
Holiday Music Motel(Sturgeon Bay)
Bridgeport Resort(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Cliff Dwellers Resort(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Snug Harbor Inn(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Beach Harbor Resort(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsmurphy bedstudio suitedoor countyoutdoor poolpacker gamegetaway weekendgreat weekendwater frontget awaybit datedlong weekendoff seasongreen baywe've stayeddowntown areawhirlpool tublake michigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Hotel is in a beautiful setting with great views from the bar and resteraunt. Great location! Located one block off of 3rd Avenue, where you can shop or go to other Pubs. We were in a King Whirlpool room #104. In our opinion, the rooms are very small for the price. Room had a very small TV, no little sitting area, no balcony, no lake view, no microwave, no refrigerator. – Strictly a bed, whirlpool, and bathroom. We’ve had nicer whirlpool rooms that included all these things, for a lot less money! We could’ve upgraded to a Suite, but that was really pricy and had two bedrooms , which we didn’t need for just the two of us !! Food in the resteraunt was average, but a bit pricy, which is typical of hotel restaurants. Bed was extremely uncomfortable; we both tossed and turned all night. I wanted to get up and sit in a chair to give my back a break, but there was no chair to sit in! Best part of our stay was the bar area in the hotel Fun place to hang out! Would be awesome in the summer to sit outside at the Tiki Bar with the lake view. Very friendly bartender! Probably won’t be back unless they were offering a heck of a deal on a suite to get the upgraded, more comfy room.

2  Thank S W
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My birthday was Friday Oct. 21. My fiancee and I planned a weekend getaway to Door county. I chose Stone Harbor because in the pics it looked great. I paid $180 for a "King Suite". The bed was at maximum a Queen and felt like it was held up by toothpicks. There was no fridge, microwave, and they gave us only 3 small square pillows. The shower was broken and loudly dripping the whole time. We ordered room service. Our complete order was messed up and they would not give us a single dollar back or credit of ANY kind. All staff was very unproffesional. Our room was the size of a shoebox. They also told me when I booked, that it wasn't a busy, crowded weekend there. We wanted some privacy. The place was packed, they lied to us, they had 2 seperate weddings going on. No parking there what so ever. We had to park across the street in a parking garage, we are brand new 2012 Cadillac got broken into and damaged. I hope NO ONE ever stays here!

Room Tip: By not staying there period.
4  Thank Kristy S
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We normally stay at Westwood Shores also in Sturgeon Bay but they were booked for that weekend. Stone Harbor is very clean and the staff friendly. This resort is within two blocks of downtown Sturgeon Bay which is a major plus. There were a couple of negatives to our stay. The resort hosts weddings, conferences and has live music on the weekends in the pub. Our room was located within viewing distance of the pub on the first floor. When we retired for the evening, the bands were still playing on both Friday and Saturday night and the volume was disturbing to our sleep. If we would return to Stone Harbor we would upgrade to a suite with a full kitchen and request it be located away from the pub. When we return to Sturgeon Bay our first choice will be Westwood Shores.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a full kitchen away from the pub area.
1  Thank Eskie2009
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My friends and I stayed only one evening at Stone Harbor but we truly appreciated our stay. We had a one bedroom queen suite and it was perfect. Others have complained about cleanliness and noise but we didn't experience any of that. Our room over-looked the outdoor pool and the area was relatively quiet for a Saturday night considering two wedding parties occupied the hotel.

The price is high, but I certainly didn't find anything less expensive when comparing apples to apples. And finding an available room for 4 women for just one night in Door County is not easy! One of the gentlemen at the front desk wasn't much help when asked about a local 'surf & turf". He did dismiss us and told us to look something up in the brochures. But I don't get too bent out of shape over those types of things...the pay can't be that great and he didn't seem bright to begin with.

I forgot a blouse in my room and when contacted, housekeeping said they did find it and it was returned to me. The staff took very good care of the incident.

All in all it was pleasant enough and I would recommend Stone Harbor to others.

Room Tip: Higher floor and suites do help eliminate noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We spent two nights at Stone Harbor for a wedding. We received a "special" price which was way more than we would ever pay anywhere else. The first thing we noticed was that the room was small and the carpeting was filthy. Then we noticed that there was no microwave nor refrigerator. Then we noticed that the wall-mounted TV was so small that we needed to get right underneath it to read the football scores...couldn't see picture clearly from the bed. The final straw came when I asked for a complementary newspaper at the desk and was told very rudely that I would have to buy a newspaper from the the machine in the lobby. When we checked out were asked how our visit went. I recounted all of the above concerns. The man behind the desk clearly didn't care about my comments. He just very rudely dismissed me. We will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family