“Get the good food instead of WALMART dog food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Door County Dog Store
Ranked #6 of 20 Shopping in Sturgeon Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Home of STOVE DOG BAKERY. Dog cookies baked in the shop. Sweaters and coats for furry friends. Collars, leashes, boots and lots more
Hinsdale, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Get the good food instead of WALMART dog food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My dogs eat Fromms. It is a Wisconsin company and has NEVER been recalled. This is the place to get other high quality dog foods as well. Fun stuff for your dogs. Homemade treats, cute toys. If you bring the fur babies..treat them. Grooming as well. Please buy local. Support small business... not the big store on the hill.

3 Thank Karen K

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Orson's favorite place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My dog Orson and I are lucky to live in Sturgeon Bay and we pass by Stove Dog several times a week. Orson (all 6.5 lbs of him) tries to pull me through the door every time, and often succeeds. This is a great place for premium dog foods (they carry a wide variety of Fromm products among others) plus a large assortment of leashes, collars, harnesses, grooming products and fun accessories, home-made dog treats and a wonderful variety of toys and chews. We recently tried the yak chews (well, actually only Orson did), and they are now O's favorite thing, even more than the bully sticks and all-natural cherry-flavored pig ears which he also loves. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable, and the complimentary drinking water and wading pool are much appreciated on a warm day. Whether you are traveling with a dog or looking for unique gifts for the doggie people in your life, you must make a stop (or many!) at Stove Dog.

illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great store for dog owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

This store moved from a better location a few years ago (bad) and it has undergone a name change (good). For the past 10 years it has been a great place for me to find things for my dogs. From food to clothing to treats, and basics such as brushes and combs, this little place has quite the variety.

Since it is located in a resort area and I live elsewhere most of the year, I had not been to this store for awhile. Last week on the way up to my vacation home, I decided to stop in. To my surprise the store displays had been nicely rearranged and looked roomier. I was able to see products more easily and wound up buying some wholesome treats as well as a cool-weather hoodie for my dog which was on sale.

If you have dogs and love to shop for them, It's worth the trouble to find this store.