“Worth the stop in Sturgeon Bay!”
Review of 136 Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

136 Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Worth the stop in Sturgeon Bay!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

136 is a welcome new addition this season to downtown Sturgeon Bay. We walked over from Centerpointe Marina and had a terrific dinner. No reservations taken for under 6 people but wait for 4 was brief (25 minutes)at 8pm. The wine list was adequate and good value. The food was excellent! We had Halibut, Lobster Risotto, Duck, and Mahi. Desserts also good. Red Velvet cake was huge and really nice frosting. Only criticism I would have would be to encourage better wine glassware for those that want it. We have eaten there 3 times this summer!

Shanghai, China
“Food 5+, Atmosphere 3”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the best meal we ate in Sturgeon Bay. The house salad was fresh and light, and the blueberries and strawberries were a nice touch. I ordered the mussels, and they were the best I've ever had. The broth was made with tomato, onions, garlic and a smoky chorizo that imparted so much flavor to the mussels. My wife got the duck breast. It was seared to a perfect medium. The balsamic sauce was tart and tasty. If my meal hadn't been so good, I would have been very jealous. As other reviewers have mentioned, the restaurant was very loud. I guess it must be the tile floor that bounces the sound around. The waitress had to lean in VERY close to take our order. My wife and I had a hard time conversing across the table. Fix that, and this restaurant would be practically perfect.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tony T
Maui, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! Lambchop appetizer with cilantro greens. Yummy! Main course was pork loin with allspice jasmine rice. Great flavor profile. For a restruant that has only been open for 30 days its off to an excellent start!

“What's in a name?”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Seeing an upscale restaurant in the Sage space was very nice. After reading the fine reviews, my wife and I decided to dine there. The name is "restaurant and wine bar." They certainly did very well with the first moniker. The food was great, from the salads to the main dishes (I had the duck and my wife had the halibut). However, the "wine bar " name is confusing, since the wine list is truncated and the server had little or no knowledge of wine. I think the wine list across the bay at Bluefront Cafe is better than this "wine bar." The main problem with this place, though, was the airport-runway decibel level. This is a small space, with no sound-absorbing carpet or wall hangings. It was difficult to hear our waitress even standing right next to us. I know that the popular thing now is to have an "energetic" vibe, but this was way beyond that. I think the thing to do at this place is to try to get an outdoor table. To sum up: outstanding food, strangely undistinguished wine list and wine service, and ear-splitting noise level. Great opportunities for this very new restaurant to evolve and improve. I hope my constructive criticism is accepted with aplomb, and that this restaurant does move to the next level.

1 Thank Gem1920
Minooka
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good food, fast service and good vibe there, got our meal for half price because we found a hair in the food.

Visited July 2013