“Awesome trip”

Door County Adventure Center
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Sturgeon Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Door County Adventure Center is your safety-first adventure company in Door County, Wisconsin. We specialize in kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, zip lining, rock climbing, team-building and leadership development! With the ability to accommodate varying ages and ability levels our many trips, tours, and programs are an annual favorite for vacationing families. Our certified guides and facilitators are available year-round. Reservations are encouraged and tours fill quickly! MULTIPLE LOCATIONS including the Team Leadership Center site, Whitefish Dunes State Park, Stone Harbor Resort, Egg Harbor Village Beach, Rowleys Bay Resort!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We did the kayaking trip in door county through the caves, and it was a great trip! Our tour guide, Josh, was really friendly and helpful. Although we had never kayaked before, he made us feel very comfortable and informed. This is a great trip for all skill levels! He let us choose the pace and relaxation factor of our trip, and it ended up being about 3 hours. I'd highly recommend this trip to people of all ages, as it was super enjoyable and I will definitely be visiting again.

2  Thank KariKuen

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have a fear of heights and the instructors were very good about not pushing me to do anything, let me decide what I wanted to do and how far I wanted to go. Made me feel comfortable and would do it again and recommend it to everyone!!!

EAHARBGM, Manager at Door County Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Congratulations on conquering your fear of heights! What an accomplishment! We're pleased to hear that you had a good experience & we hope you come back & try our other zip line location when you're ready for another thrill! Thank you for taking the time to write a review ~ we appreciate it.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Awesome experience! Our guide Josh was knowledgeable and personable. The Estuary was beautiful and teaming with wildlife. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We did a package trip with them--zipline, segway (through another company), and kayaking and had a good time. Staff is very professional, friendly, and safety is a high priority. Zipline in Rowley's bay was a little lame--kind of small and not very high--will have to try their other zipline location sometime. Kayaking on the Mink River was fun--we didn't see a ton of wildlife but it was a good trip and beautiful scenery. Segway was really fun, the tour guide was fun if not a bit corny with his jokes. Will probably do more trips with them in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our first time kayaking, my daughter (age 24) and I met our guides, Greg and Matt at Shauer Park for the 12:30 excursion. We were immediately made to feel welcome and safe. Both guides are very knowledgeable about equipment and technique as well as wind and water conditions. Matt's stories about the local lore were interesting and humorous! I am so impressed with DC Adventures! I will recommend and encourage my family and friends sign up for an adventure soon!

1  Thank sarbear1958