“Great tour! Great service”

Door County Adventure Center
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Sturgeon Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Door County Adventure Center is your safety-first adventure company in Door County, Wisconsin. We specialize in kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, zip lining, rock climbing, team-building and leadership development! With the ability to accommodate varying ages and ability levels our many trips, tours, and programs are an annual favorite for vacationing families. Our certified guides and facilitators are available year-round. Reservations are encouraged and tours fill quickly! MULTIPLE LOCATIONS including the Team Leadership Center site, Whitefish Dunes State Park, Stone Harbor Resort, Egg Harbor Village Beach, Rowleys Bay Resort!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Matt was our guide for our Cave and Dune Kayak Tour. Getting there was a little tricky but just remember to take the first right once you get into the park area. You will park and pay $10 for your State Park Pass. We met with Matt right down on the beach. The tour consisted of a brief instruction on the kayaks. The cave tour was awesome and you get to see the wonderful caves that are carved by the crashing waves. The tour lasts for roughly 3 hours. Matt was great and very informative of the surrounding areas and wildlife. Matt gave us plenty of options of different spots to go. The tour was very good and service was excellent.

2  Thank Joshua J
in 27 reviews
"whole group"
"first timers"
in 2 reviews
"whitefish dunes state park"
in 5 reviews
in 12 reviews
"lines"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 29, 2013

First off I want to stay thank you for a great adventure. I had a blast. I can not wait till i can make it back up there to do this again! I recommend this adventure to everybody! I also want to give a shout out the the staff working that day. Gretchen, Billy, and Moira. There honestly could not have been better people running this trip. They were a lot of fun. Thanks team! Hope to see you all again soon!

2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we first pulled up the TLC, my boyfriend and I were skeptical because it looked just like a high ropes course. Within minutes of meeting Laura, she explained that the course was much more than that, showed us the whole course, and assured us that it would be a great time. Boy was she right! We were paired up with about 5 others and headed to training which was very helpful and she gave us a chance to practice on a small zip line so we could get the hang of it. Once we were all set, Billy and Gretchen took us on our zip line tour. They kept us laughing the whole time and really made me feel safe up on the highest platform. I don't think I can express how happy we were with our experience with these 3 wonderful zip line guides. The course was a blast, but Billy, Gretchen, and Laura really pushed our experience to another level. I hope DC Adventure will continue to recruit more like them!

1  Thank Jacque D
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is the fifth year we have used Team Leadership Center for our Emerging Leaders Experience. Tim and his staff always get the most out of the students and they leave with the confidence and skills to take on new challenges at campus. They arrive strangers but leave a team.

Grant Winslow - Program Coordinator UWGB

See more reviews
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have been going to Door County as a family (all 15 of us) for as long as I can remember! This year we thought we would try something new and go Ziplining. It was an absolute blast! We ranged in age from 68 to 1 1/2 years old and we all had the time of our life! All the kids are still talking about it and my nephew even made a video of us. The guides at Door County Adventure Center couldn't of been nicer, made you feel very safe and made it so much fun for us! They treated us like we were their only customer of the day, by not hurrying us and letting us take our time and take it all in. We all can't wait to go back to Door County Adventure and do it again next year! Here's to seeing you in 2013!

2  Thank Sara L