“Great location”

Waterfront Mary's Bar & Grill
Ranked #32 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at Beach Harbor Resort.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We kayaked over the bay to the resort. The food is good but one of the bartenders was not too pleasant. We would go back anyway because it is a great place to relax and enjoy the view. The wait staff was good!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Waterfront Marys Bar and Grill: I wish it could have been a 4/5, but its not. Waterfront view of Sturgeon Bay, delivered. Walked into the main bar / dining area and headed straight for their outdoor seating. If there was no patio to eat or drink, we would have walked through and never blinked twice. My wife and I ate on wing night, great variety and decent prices. I love you can mix sauces with your order, but wish boneless wings was an option too. The bar is a typical Wisconsin watering hole, good local brews and fair prices. Service was non-existent. If you're expecting any service, go else where. This place might as well be B.Y.O.S. - bring your own service, because it took 10 minutes for anyone to notice us at the table and get a drink order. The patio is adjacent to the bar, and the place wasn't 1/2 full that evening. Our waitress brought half the food order out, and it was another 5 minutes before the rest made it to the table. No napkins, no silverware, no "how's everything going, do you need another drink?" Sturgeon Bay is an awesome place to visit and start Door County. Waterfront Marys Bar and Grill is a poor way to end it.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

On our first trip to Door County and picked Waterfront Mary's as one of the few spots in the area doing a Sunday fish boil. We'd heard they were good but this exceeded our expectations. Delicious fresh cod, potatoes, carrots, and onions, with fresh cherry pie a la mode for desert. Good beer selection and a friendly staff too. After dinner we took in the great waterfront view from around the campfire.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ok first off this is a fabulous location. It's right off of the water so you can come by boat or motor vehicle. The bartender the first time we were there was very friendly as were the patrons seated at the bar. We didn't eat the first time, but came back on sushi night. I was really pleasantly surprised at the variety and how good it was and good looking too. Service was good and fast. The next time we came back was 10cent wing night (I think it was 10). It was packed and there were no tables. The waitress saw us standing and waiting and set up a table and chairs for us. They have several kinds of wings. When we ordered because of the crowd, the waitress told us that it might be over an hour before we got out wings. I am so glad we waited and they came under an hour. We had the thai chili wings and buffalo wings. So so good. I love the atmosphere and the friendliness of this place. I'm sorry it's not a high school party type of place, but it is definitely a relaxed, fun place. So relax and enjoy. We're hoping to go back the end of October for our anniversary and stay at the hotel there.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I hesitate to write such a negative review after just one experience, but this one is warranted. It seems the restaurant caters primarily to people who are staying in the adjacent property, so you almost feel as though you are intruding. The service was very slow, unfriendly, and just overall poor. I enjoy a casual dining experience, but this was too casual. I've had better service at a backdoor BBQ. The food (which is just basic burgers and sandwiches) took FOREVER to come out! Forget the fact that we ordered cheese curds as an appetizer. (which only came AFTER our meal finally arrived, and only because we reminded our waitress of the order) I don't know if the chicken sandwich and turkey burger are normally served on oversized pieces of white bread, but that's how we got it. It was lame. My wife ordered her turkey burger without tomato, and guess what it came with? They apologized and took the burger basket back to the kitchen only to removed the tomato, and leave the cold fries. If you really want to appreciate how good the service is at other restaurants, just eat here once.

2  Thank Daniel Alan H