“The Cabin -- Hooked on Good Food”
Review of The Cabin - CLOSED

The Cabin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Driving by, it may not look like much is going on, but walk in the door and you'll find our original knotty pine walls and bar (that date back to the 1930s), friendly faces, and a menu that the locals keep coming back for. We don't do things too fancy, or too crazy, but we put a lot of effort into making sure your meal is fresh and delicious and (with the exception of, say, quinoa) pronounceable! The local perch is always a hit, but try our excellent chicken, shrimp, steaks, and other favorites! Oh, and save room for our homemade dessert-- it's always scratchmade and usually heavenly!
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Cabin is a cozy eatery located south of Egg Harbor on Bay Shore Road. If you have never experienced a Wisconsin-like supper club atmosphere, then this would definitely be a great place to start. It doesn't hold much curb appeal from the side of the road, but once you enter through the doors, you are immediately greeted with friendly staff that promptly seats you.

Now, I'm an extremely picky eater, particularly when it comes to perch or walleye. I must say --I'm hooked! This is by far the best perch platter I have ever had. Skinless!!! I mean truly skinless perch fillets (not the type with a tough, fishy skin attached) are lightly breaded and pan-fried. I finished every single flaky fillet on the platter; and, I am not ashamed to stated that I did not share. These little golden treats were mine -- all mine!!!

The walleye is delicious, as well. And another favorite is the oven-broasted chicken platter. It is a generous serving of chicken -- golden brown, juicy and flavorful.

The sides were basically the typical baked potato or golden fries. The salad was the usual garden greens with sliced cucumbers, a grape tomato or two and a side of dressing. Nothing to critique and nothing to excite.

Seating is a little tight, mostly due to the dinner crowds that gather. Though the restaurant is clean and tidy, the atmosphere is a little dark and dated (once again, quite typical of Wisconsin supper clubs). However, the friendly staff brightens spirits and makes up for the surroundings.

I haven't had an opportunity to try the baked goods or desserts (usually due to a very content tummy), though I hope to try them one day. We have eaten there on many occasions. The Cabin keeps reeling me in -- after all, I'm hooked!!

1  Thank Rubia J

Reviewed June 3, 2013

You'll find The Cabin just North of Sturgeon Bay on Bay Shore Road. First walking in gives you that comforting vacation feeling of being at someone's cabin. You are greeted with smiles and an outgoing staff. We have eaten there on several occasions and never have been disappointed. Homemade baked goods are fantastic, nightly specials are to die for . Especially love the walleye.Drinks are made well. The owners take the Wisconsin Supper Club to another level. Save room for dessert , it's made from scratch and shouldn't be missed.

2  Thank Pam H
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The food was very good and very reasonable. The staff was very friendly. It is a bar but a very nice one.

2  Thank JSmntn
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stopped and had a couple of drinks. Friendly bartender. Very cute atmosphere. Bartender raved about the food - maybe next time!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We enjoyed having dinner here. Great service and good food! Stay friendly and keep serving good food! Thanks!

1  Thank Beachballonly