There are many resorts and properties in Door County available, but I think my husband and I found one of the best! The hospitality, cleanliness, amenities and location of Westwood Shores is unequaled! We have stayed at various resorts in Door County, and Westwood Shores has quickly moved up the list to being our favorite. We decided to spend the extra money for a premiere suite, and we are glad we did! Wonderfully soft bathrobes, as well as a location on the end of the building so we were able to see Sturgeon Bay from 3 different views. Yes, the Bay was frozen, and 7 inches of snow arrived one night during our "spring" break, but the roads were cleared quickly in the a.m. In fact, the snow only enhanced the sense of peacefulness and quiet.
The resort is squeaky clean, and our suite was beautifully decorated. The countertop and sink in the kitchen appeared to be new, as were some of the faucets. There is daily housekeeping service, blessedly not beginning until 9 a.m., so it is very quiet in the morning if you like to sleep in. We never felt rushed to leave our room. The housekeepers don't come to clean until they see that the privacy sign has been removed from your door.
It took one call to the front desk, and the digital clocks which were in each of the bedrooms were replaced within the hour with brand new clocks, as they were not working when we arrived. There is coffee, tea and an amazingly good hot chocolate available 24/7 in the lobby, where a warm fireplace invites you to sit a bit and just enjoy.
Speaking of fireplaces, the gas fireplace in our suite was one of the best we have experienced. It is on a one hour timer, but you need only turn the switch again for more warm ambience in a comfortable living room. Though we had it on quite a bit, it never got so unbearably warm that we felt we needed to open windows. (This has happened at other places we have stayed.) There is toasty baseboard heat in all the rooms. For the summer months, there is a windows a/c unit in the living room and each of the bedrooms. Each bedroom also has a ceiling fan.
We paid an incredibly low price for our condo because it is off-season. But don't let "off-season" stop you from coming here for a break from the hustle and bustle of life! There are a lot of restaurants and shops open, and the front desk staff can direct you to anywhere you would like to go. Rte. 42 was blissfully empty of traffic, and the shops and restaurants that were open had friendly people chatting about the weather, etc. We were treated as if they had known us all our lives.
Westwood Shores provided us with the rest and relaxation we were seeking for our 4 day, 3 night spring break, and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a premiere resort right on the waterfront, beautiful and welcoming no matter the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort is located less than five miles north of the heart of Wisconsin's Sturgeon Bay on scenic Bay Shore Drive. All of our 38 suites have a breathtaking view making it a favorite vacation spot of guests coming to enjoy the splendor of Door County. Westwood Shores has a wide variety of year 'round activities including: heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, shore-front picnic areas, complimentary paddle boats (in season), wireless high speed wireless and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County