“Great stay in Sturgeon Bay”

Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Appleton, Wi.
“Great stay in Sturgeon Bay”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed here several times and recommended to friends as well who had like experiences . Comfortable suites with full kitchen and utensils, so bring the groceries if you simply want to enjoy the view, and jacuzzi in your suite, or a warm pool, sauna or hot tub waiting for you downstairs. They could replace the mattresses for a better nights sleep, however satisfies the purpose overall. We have enjoyed romantic evenings in front of the fireplace, as well as celebrated life events with others here. Give it a try!

Room Tip: Ask for 307 I think. Center of resort and exceptional view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VinnieAppleton_Wi_
foremostmgt, General Manager at Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thanks for the positive review of Westwood Shores, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the mattress in your suite - they were actually replaced within the past two years and we have had many positive comments from other guests. We appreciate that you have returned many times and hope you will continue to do so - we are always making improvements. In spring of 2014 we will be replacing all of the refrigerators in the suites. We also expect to replace the bedroom TV's this year too. Hope you will plan another visit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Clinton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was our third trip to Westwood Shores. We love this place. Quiet, cozy & clean!! It is located perfectly so you can do as little or as much as you want. We usually stay put for the time we are there. It is quiet enough to rest and recharge. The condos are clean, spacious and well kept. All the employees are very nice and willing to help with anything you need. We will definatley be back, hopefully soon!!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views. We prefer to be on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Randalynn
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I loved staying at Westwood. This was our first time there. The staff was super friendly, our condo was clean and much larger than we anticipated. We felt right at home and really enjoyed ourselves. We will be back again SOON!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nyckod
Castro Valley, California
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband, adult son, and I spent 3 days here near Christmas. What a surprising treat it turned out to be! I knew I had rented a 2 BR unit, but didn't realize it also included 2 baths (the master had a shower and Jacuzzi tub), large living room with fireplace, complete kitchen, and a patio. The bedrooms were both large and included comfortable beds with nice linen. The unit was immaculate and tastefully furnished. If we didn't have to wander off to the Packer game or visit family, I could have been totally content reading by the fireplace, wandering into the lobby for excellent coffee, napping, and hanging with the family. The WiFi was outstanding. There were TVs in every room. The office staff were friendly and helpful. The rates were unbelievably reasonable. I look forward to another stay here in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank cvrob
Northbrook, IL
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Everything was very clean and thought through. Every single small thing was at hand.

Reception Desk personnel was very friendly and helpful.

WiFi coverage was great.

Very nice pool with sauna and jacuzzi helped to relax after skiing.

There was very spotty cell service, but hotel provided free US wide calling.

They also offered a great collection of free DVD for guest viewing.

It was the best hotel we ever stayed in.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank vmikhelson
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is simply the most amazing and glorious place to stay! The rooms are wonderful, the staff is friendly and remembers you from stay to stay, the views are tremendous, there are plenty of things to do and places to eat nearby (like Sonnys Pizza )and it is where I proposed to my wife. Also, it is cheaper than nights at chain hotels . Truly a wonderful experience .

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Doorcountyeric
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I won a weekend stay here and did not know what to expect. I was very happily surprised to find what a great motel this is! I was greeted by friendly staff at check-in and the lobby was very inviting. I was given easy directions to my room even though some of the hallways are a little long and winding. Once I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it appeared very up-to-date, with newer carpet, furnishings, flat screen TV, nice kitchen area, etc. Admittedly, I expected it to be very similar to the Landmark but it was much nicer! The unit had a very warm, homey feel and was well-appointed. Plus, the views of the bay were great! Being a big fan of Hotel Impossible, I couldn't help but take the bed apart a little. The linens were immaculate! From the white down blanket to the sheets and pillows--clean! clean! clean! I even took the pillowcases off and the pillows themselves looked almost new! Anthony would like this place ;) The bathrooms were clean as well, and there was a TV in each bedroom. They provide many of the little things that make a stay nice, such as hairdryer, makeup remover towelettes, note pad/pen, dish soap(both liquid & for the washer), paper towels, etc. There was also a wide variety of DVDs and board games available from the front desk. Another very nice amenity is the Lift Assist for wheelchairs to get into the hot tub and indoor pool. Although I did not need this, it is something I felt should be noted since I've never seen this in any other motel and it would be very useful to the right person.

There were only a few minor things that could have made my trip better. One, I could hear every step that my upstairs neighbors took. I know that most motels are not soundproof so this wasn't really a shock. Two, the internet connection is miserable. I have property in Door County so I know how awful the connections can be, but this was far worse than normal. I could connect on and off the first night but by the second night (Saturday), no one in my party get even connect to any of the 5 wi-fi networks that it looked like the motel had available.

Over all, though, I would say this is a wonderful place to stay and would highly recommend it.
Thank you, Westwood Shores and Door County Navigator, for a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank feelinDC
foremostmgt, General Manager at Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We are so glad we passed your "Anthony" test - there are several of us at the resort that watch the show religiously and appreciate your reference! We are glad you enjoyed the suite and the features of our resort. We don't get too many complaints on the noise between the rooms, I am sorry that you experienced that disturbance. We have been really working on our internet connections and have improved to offer guests several networks - I am disappointed to hear that you had connectivity issues. This is an area that we are sensitive too. Hopefully we can just get some routers reset and the next guest will have a better experience. Hotel Impossible has just been renewed for a 4th season - keep watching!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
#4 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!